Diving Destination

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

OP
L

Limply16

Registered
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I unexpectedly just got 3 weeks of holidays this September and I am looking for a nice diving destination. Any ideas? I was thinking Komodo but open to other ideas (I dived in Bali, Lombok, Sipadan and Bunaken in the past). September seems to be complicated in terms of weather in plenty of places.

I usually like mega fauna and warm seas (>26 degrees) and would like to avoid liveaboard (I am sea sick very easily). I already dived in Egypt this year.
No real budget, money is no object. I am based in Europe.

Many thanks!
L.

Komodo is usually known for a Liveaboard destination, but there is one dive resort that is further out and close to great dive sites. September is a great time to go diving in Komodo. Fiji or French Polynesia are great as well, but for French Polynesia it will be hard to find accomodation due to it's closure for 2 years and the high season for humpback whales. Fiji is a littler colder (around 25 degrees) than you were looking for, but I thought I throw it in the mix. La Paz in Baja California Sur offers great big animal encounter - the sea lion mating season is just over so the pups are out.
Send me a DM, I am happy to help find the right place :)

Not for the faint-hearted but you get the FREEDOM to move around some of those islands with no schedule to worry about. Running water, AC etc etc? Unless you absolutely need it to survive.

Three dives a day.

Back
Top Bottom