Diving Earplugs?! What the...?

Vented Earplugs for Diving

• Great Idea!!!

Votes: 22 44.0%
  • Wouldn't touch it with a 10m cattle-prod!!

Votes: 28 56.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I use Doc's Pro Plugs for lap swimming and diving. I even have to pay retail for them, which kills me, but they are THAT good. Doc's will send you a fitting kit so you can jam a whole bunch of sizes up your ...ooops.... I mean in your ear.
Sorry for the near miss - too many years afloat.

I used to get bad ear aches every time I dove in cold water. I went to my Dr. (also a Diver) and he suggested vented ear plugs. I have used them every since. I haven't had an ear ache since. I think you should give them a try. They aren't so expensive that it will break you. Give them a try!.

Happy Diving!!!!!

I tried Proplugs for the first time on a trip a couple months ago and they really helped me equalize more easily.

I am curious why people wouldn't want to try these? I must admit that I was skeptical also but looking at the poll above I am a little miffed as to why people "Wouldn't touch it with a 10m cattle-prod!!" . Try em. You might be surprised.

I just read about these recently and alot of you have been loyal users for years!! I can't argue, it really seems that you love them :heart: !! Thanx everyone for the feedback thus far, I'm really learning alot from this!! When I'm not physically Diving ( I dove today btw, very happy :schijnend ) , I'm usually at the gym :sprite10: or studying Diving :leseratte . I'm beginning to feel confident that I can refer potential divers with ear problems to these Proplugs with a clear conscience.
Once again, THANX :526: !!!

PS: I like smiley's...alot!

*Floater*:
Do these pro plugs make it hard to heard your computer alarms or other important sounds?

Nope. You can carry on a normal conversation with them in as they are vented. Now mind you it is less than you would get without them but they do let you hear. I had no problem hearing my AirZ ***** at me a couple times on ascent.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom