Diving Erie, PA?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Scuba_Jenny:
Hey NoFish, you ever hear about diving off of Presque Isle? They allow diving in the park, but you have to register at the office. I wonder if it is in the bay. Might be a good place to do a check out dive or three.

Jenny,

There is a local dive shop down on 8th street or something. I have been there, maybe they would know. I have some info here on diving in Lake Erie, I will go over it tonight. My guess it would be pretty murky. Maybe we should make a new post for info.....

Personally, I would like to do it.

So are we going to have any LED divers there?

I sure hope so!

Hey No Fish
I got a reply from somebody in the office with the rules and regulations, including all the locations where we can't dive located on the scuba map, but oops, no map came with the email. Will call tomorrow and try to find out more. Would love to do a shore dive, or even find somebody who has dived there before to pick their brain.

Unfortunately I don't know many divers from Erie.

Hee Hee, just got off the phone with a diver from Erie who dives all the time. She said she knows of folks who have dived the gravel pits, and knows of the places to beach dive on the pennisula... good source for information. She also is passing my email addy on to another person who can give me more info! Whoo Hoo!
Temps should be in the 68-70° range to about 30ft, then the thermocline will drop it to 50°. BRRRRRRRR

Scuba_Jenny:
Hee Hee, just got off the phone with a diver from Erie who dives all the time. She said she knows of folks who have dived the gravel pits, and knows of the places to beach dive on the pennisula... good source for information. She also is passing my email addy on to another person who can give me more info! Whoo Hoo!
Temps should be in the 68-70° range to about 30ft, then the thermocline will drop it to 50°. BRRRRRRRR

Please keep me posted.............

Do a Kinzua Dam dive in Warren PA and look up Linda and the gang at Divers World on West *th st. in Erie. I know it says Orlando but I lived in Erie for 40 years.

Hey everyone I just bought my gear and would love to dive as much as I can. So there is talk to diving in Erie & NY, where have you decided on the weekend of July 30th & 31st to go?

Hey everyone!

When I was up in Erie a couple of weeks ago the dive shop on 8th street has any kind of neoprene you could ever need to dive in the frigid north. They have real real nice gear too. I was actually almost warm in my 2 inch thick neoprene! Not bad for this Florida princess diver!

Of course my dives the previous week in the CAymans were much nicer the quarry was not that bad!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom