Diving Erie, PA?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I hope to see you there, depending on how the work situation is going.

Scuba_Jenny:
Can I get one more question in?

Jenny -

Here here is your wetsuit answer

Sat. July 2 -

Lake Erie Topside temp - 89° degrees

Temp @ 85 feet - 53° degrees

We did a second dive @ 30 feet, and it was a balmy 70°

Ohhhh, That's right baby - I found your little ° symbol, and I know how to use it. :D

Now if you just would learn how to reply to PMs, we'd be all set. :11ztongue

I cleaned out my inbox and you never replied. So there. :D

Lil' Irish Temper:
Ohhhh, That's right baby - I found your little ° symbol, and I know how to use it. :D
Copy & Paste works wonders! :D

Ok, so I guess I am gonna need a wetsuit.

So, anybody wanna find a boat for us to fill?? Would be much easier for me ('cause ya'll love me :07: ) if somebody would just pick a boat and make a decision. I would suggest nothing too challenging, maybe 70-80 max, (thinking how much I am gonna freeeze....), and maybe a shallower second dive. Sounds good? Great!!!

Lil' Irish Temper:
Jenny -

Here here is your wetsuit answer

Sat. July 2 -

Lake Erie Topside temp - 89° degrees

Temp @ 85 feet - 53° degrees

We did a second dive @ 30 feet, and it was a balmy 70°

That is just a tropical heat wave there, might wear my shortie on that :11: .
BTW Jenny found my wet suit, it had migrated to my brother's house.

I am orginally from the Buffalo area. I have never thought of diving in WNY. Sounds promising when I go to visit. What is the viz like? anybody ever dive in Lake Ontario?

goofystan:
I am orginally from the Buffalo area. I have never thought of diving in WNY. Sounds promising when I go to visit. What is the viz like? anybody ever dive in Lake Ontario?

Lake Erie is a weird duck - one day you can have 5 -10 feet, and the next day almost a 100 feet. I don't know anything about Lake O, that's Derek's, and the rest of the crews area. Lots of fun crap in the bottom of Lake Erie though.

Sat - we dove the CB Benson, and the Fire Dept was practicing when we got there, the viz sucked maybe 5 feet, but then again we think they screwed the viz before we got there, then we went, and dove the Raleigh which was better maybe 15 feet.

Derek S:
Now if you just would learn how to reply to PMs, we'd be all set. :11ztongue

I cleaned out my inbox and you never replied. So there. :D

I don't remember what it was for, :11:

Now, answer the man's question about Lake O :D

Lil' Irish Temper:

You wanted to take Fundies class. I was dispensing information. Check the thread about our next meeting. If you can make it we can talk more there.

Stan - Viz ranges from 10-30ft on average, depending on time of year, depth, how many rototillers have been in the water, ect.

Lil' Irish Temper:

I remember years ago Lake Erie was a polluted dead lake(Bethelhem Steel etc.) and it was advised not to eat the fish. Has things changed?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom