Diving from Kayak- air breathable tubing

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

MC

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Going to start to dive from a kayak.

Anyone know a good source for the air breathable PVC tubing? Looking for 100 ft ( making 2 50 ft section and will connect them to the regulator via a quick disconnect. The stuff the Hookah guys want is outrageously expensive (brownie/Air line).

3/8 air tool hoses from Nappa autos (its what a lot of people use for hang lines with a couple of barbed connections acording to required thread size
hope this helps just becareful of quick disconnects as they can reduce air flow through the connection

I use 50' oxygen hose from any local welding supplier. I do not know what the current cost range is but it has to be cheaper the Brownies.

3/8 air tool hoses from Nappa autos (its what a lot of people use for hang lines with a couple of barbed connections acording to required thread size
hope this helps just becareful of quick disconnects as they can reduce air flow through the connection

No, no, no. NEVER use pneumatic tool hose as breathing hose. I find it hard to believe an instructor would advocate this. In fact, you should never breath through anything that wasn't designed to provide clean breathing air. Other, non-breathing air hose can off-gas toxins. This is why the U.S. Navy developed a Mil-Spec for breathing hose.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom