Diving in Brazil

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hi,
could you suggest a dive shop in Buzios (keeping in mind that I don't speak Portuguese). Thanks in advance!

Hi Spartakus,

I know a PADI dive center in Sao Paulo that can arrange things there for you, with english speaking personnel. If you want to give it a try, you can reach them on Cursos de Mergulho - São Paulo - Amigos do Joe, joe@amigosdojoe.com or by phone +(5511) 38897721

If you they cannot set up your trip, post here again and I'll recover last year dive logs, when I took a trip to Buzios.

great dives and wet regards!

Thanks very much Downsouth!
I am taking off tomorrow and my trip to Buzios is already arranged. But if you could look at your dive logs, I would greatly appreciate.
Muito obrigado!
Andrey

Just discovered this part of scubaboard and this string and thought I would tell about my trip to Brasil, maybe someone can use this info.

I made a trip to Brasil back at the end of last Feb thru Mar 6th to Salvador de Bahia.

The lure of all those wrecks in the bay of All Saints compelled me to go there versus Rio. (this was my first trip to Brasil).........

The best diving here is between Dec and March I am told. However, when I was there, a pretty good wind was blowing with several storms in the area the first week. No dive shops would go out as the water was pretty rough.

I made two dives the following week to a couple of wrecks off shore, vis was about 20 feet in 20 to 30 feet of water. Wave action above was pronounced on the bottom, even at 20-30 feet. Not much to look at, wrecks were pretty broken up and marine life was sparce......but it was only 100 meters from shore......did not expect much.

I was planning on diving the main ship attraction, a freighter sunk in the middle of the mouth of the bay the next day. But my lady and I ate some bad fish that night and so we spent our remaining 3 days there sick.

Still, I would go back. I would like to dive this big wreck. (I do not have any of my records with me, writing from work, so I can not say the name of the dive shop I used. I can say they were good at what they do, good service).........

Salvador is laid back, really laid back........the folks in Rio claim the folks in Salvador are lazy and all they do is party, hahahaha.........and they are right.........great place to relax......but expensive also......taxis will eat your funds fast.........

If anyone goes, get a room in one of the old hotels on the Barra Punto (?), we stayed at the Village Novos hotel. There are nicer ones on down the road or on the Alantic (sp?)side, but again the taxis' will kill your wallet going anywhere.

I'm going to Lima Peru this Dec. I've been there several times and I have been wanting to dive there..........I take my own personal gear where ever I go, USD Royal Aqua Master double hose regulator; (modifed for hp and lp ports), SPG, Aeries Dive Computer, Aeries Reef Rider BC, Power Plana fins and round mask.

Oldmossback..................

Spent 5 days on the island last Jan. Yes it costs extra $ to get there but is is well worth it. Diving can be challenging, surf, waves c,urrent but when the water is clear visibility is great. Sae lots of turtles, sharks and fish. People are great, food is good, rent a buggy and go exploring. The island is all of 11 miles x 3. Accommodation is plentiful, unless you go in high season it's easy to find a place to stay. Go enjoy. Cheeers, KP

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom