Diving in Cozumel; Your favorite choice is ?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

There are two small tug sized wrecks in front of Cinco Soles just north of the downtown cruise pier. I found a huge green moray in one the other day. The area just south and east(about 100 kicks) of the closest tug to the pier is a debris field with small coral mound growth around it. This is where a gazzillion lion fish are hiding. The depth is about 25-30fsw. Current is usually light. can switch here so checking is necessary.

We tried to dive there a few weeks ago but the harbormaster radioed the captain and ordered us out of the water about 10 minutes into the dive. Interfered with boat traffic he said. Weqre you doing as a shore dive?

We tried to dive there a few weeks ago but the harbormaster radioed the captain and ordered us out of the water about 10 minutes into the dive. Interfered with boat traffic he said. Weqre you doing as a shore dive?
No it's too far out. I was there 4 times and I know several others that went. No probs with the harbor heat.

I would be perfectly happy to dive Columbia Shallows every day. If it follows Marichibo Shallows (90 ft) so much the better. If you are looking for good wrecks, don't go to Cozumel.

Night dive @ paradise reef was our favorite.
Night dive in front of our hotel Fiestamericana was great as well. No boat or DM needed
Santa Rosa and the Palancars were fantastic as well.

Thank you all for the info. I will keep these places for reference when we are there. I will not ask for the wreck but Santa rosa and the others do seem to hold promise. I will plan on responding with where we end up. I will keep watching the board -- Thanks!

No it's too far out. I was there 4 times and I know several others that went. No probs with the harbor heat.

We did it last Thursday hunting Lionfish as well. Lots of Lionfish near the tires by the first of the two tugs as you are going south. We started way out near the wall and drifted in closer to shore, and were picked up by our boat.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom