Diving in Eilat

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

TravelDave

Contributor
Reaction score
I am going to Israel next week and was hoping to go to Eilat for a few days. Both of my possible dive buddies are now unable to go, so it looks like I'm on my own. If I go, it would probably be for diving on a Monday and Tuesday (late June).

Any suggestions on good dive shops, dive shops to avoid, good sites, etc? I want to make sure I find a shop that can set me up with a buddy for the dives.

I'm also interested in suggestions on places to stay and other things to do .

Thanks,
Dave

I poseted a thread about Eilat last year.

I dived with Aquasport and would reccomend them. They do pick ups from several locations in the town centre and taxi's are really cheap so you could stay anywhere really.

They (like most of the dive shops) are located at coral beach where there are a few hotels but my advice would be to stay in the town nearer the bars and restaurants. Aquasport do a good variety of dives in the area and can also arrange a days boat diving in Tabab, just across the border, which was a fantastic experience for me.

I stayed in the cheapest option we could find at the time, the Moon Vally, which was little chalets and seemed to have some unusual guests, but it was clean friendly and laid back.

Hope you have fun (I did)

Conor

aquasport 979-7-6334404

And all clubs are on the same level.
Some of the hotels have dive centers in them, so if you stay in such a hotel you are fixed.
Personaly I recommend "The divers village" on the south beach as a very good center, it also have a guest house if you don't need a full hotel.
Also lot's of people like "Snuba" dive center, also on the south beach. That's if you are in a hotel without a center.
There is a very good hotel called "The princess". It's not cheap but supposed to be one of the best hotels in Eilat and they have a dive center inside called "Siam".
"Coral reef" club is also a favorit of mine and sit insed a more reasnoble hotel (Carelton).
The biggest dive center in Eilat (manta) is located inside "Red sea sport's club" hotel. They are also PADI central offices for israel.

Where are you going to be apart from Eilat ?
Israel also have lot's of sites along the mideteranien coast, and there is a dive center in almost every city (including Jerusalem). But not like in Eilat, they are more active on the weekends (saterday in Israel, not sunday).Water temp in the mideteranien is 27c as for today, so you don't even need a wet suit :)

I have a xls file with all of Israel's dive centers, locations' phones, and more details, but it's in Hebrew.
Maybe i'll translate it when I'll have time, but if you have special questions just ask.

reef (both have nitrox and Marina has scooters - though so does Siam). Plan on being in Eilat this weekend so if your'e there your'e more than welcome to join us.

hi TD,
well, if you gonna be in this part of the world, you are more then welcome to join us (my buddy orbiter and I). I do not plan to be this weekend in Eilat, since I am flying to europe for few days.
WHen are you planning on coming?
drop us (orbiter or me) a message, so we can get together if you are interested.

sasha

Conor once bubbled...

aquasport 979-7-6334404 [/B]

the number shold be 972-8-6334404

all dive clubs in the corel-beach area are more or less the same lever, and will take you to more or less the same sites.

Aqua-sport is one of the largest dive-senters, and may be a good option if you do not have a buddy. Manta is rather large as well. Siam is more a dive-school orented (and a rather a good school, by the way), and fiding a buddy may be harder there.
marica divers, which is my "home" club in eilat is a very nice place, and I would recomend it very much, but it may be a bit harder to find a partner there if you do not bring one along with you.

nitrox is readely avalable, at least in siam, marina, aqua-sport, coral sea and manta, and is worth considering, as you will most likely be diving about 2 >20m dives each day.

I have'n looked for buddys in clubs in a long, long while (wife dives and when she can't, I find buddys throug the israely scuba-forum in tapuz: http://www.tapuz.co.il/tapuzforum/main/forumpage.asp?id=216
you can try to post there, in english or hebrew). I do know that you can easily find a place on a "guided dive", with an instructur of DM. you will be paired up, so you do not need a partner, but you are likely to have a large proportion of rahter unexperianced divers along with you - people without at least 20 looged dives are required to dive in such guided dives.

anyway, enjoy your stay, and keep an eye out for the two weale-sharks that are roming eilat in the last several weeks.

In most of the clubs already mentioned here you will find a board full of notes of divers looking for buddys. Most probably they'll be in Hebrew, but you can ask someone to help you. Many clubs are located just a few minute's walk one from the other, so you can cross the street and look for buddy's at about 5 clubs.

Don't forget to bring your c-card, insurance (if you don't have any you can do one in every diving club for about 30$) and your logbook because you'll need a proof of diving within the last 6 months, unless you're a DM or above

I can post a message for you in the Hebrew board suggested above- just send me your email so I can put it there and soon you'll be getting emails from lots of friendly Israeli divers :)

Sorry about the number, the funny thing is I have an aquasport magnet next to my desk and its number is 972-7-6334404, which is a third variation.

Good luck on your trip, I'm sure you'll have a great time

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom