Diving in Thailand

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Juv,
Those where some excellent photo's that you have taken. Quite often I need someone to take pictures or do filming on the dive trips. Most of the dive spots are failry deep 50-100 meters deep. I run trips out to unchartered wrecks and some caves. Are you qualified to dive that Deep??? If so would you be interested in taking some pictures for me??? I have been in Pattaya for 9 years, possible we have run across each other before.

Bruce

Hi Bruce,
Do you really mean 50-100 meter and not feet? If you truly mean meter, then are those sites in Pattaya? I just wonder becuase we hardly go deeper than approx. 25 meter around Pattaya. And even, in the deepest part, from Navy map, the depth should not be over 40 meters at all.
Those nudi pics are taken at around 12-15 meters deep.
Just curious

Scuba 734,
Yes I did mean 50 to 100 meters. As you are going out to the HARDEEP in Samae San you will go over a hole that is 85 METERS deep. I have been to the bottom more times then I can remember. I will be diving in some inland freshwater lakes in the next 2 months are are about 120-140 meters deep. There is a BUDDAH temple at 120 meters which I want to dive on. Down south there is a cave that is more then 140 meters deep. Again that is a inland freshwater spot. The gulf of Thailand is mostly 60 meters. All I teach is technical diving and find all the good spots.
Did you know if you go north of the Hardeep there is a ledge that drops off from 30-40 meters. There is loads of coral and there are 3 large stingrays that like to hang out there. I have done 60 minute bottom times on it with scooters a excellent dive. Oh I forgot there are loads of bombs from the Vietnam war that are down there. I have seen groups of 30-40 bombs in one location. I dive there all the time. Actually starting to get boring.

Bruce

Andibk...that is some interesting diving u have there... but I guess it's out of boundary for me :D

íÓYeah... me too :(
Sorry Bruce, I love to help you with photographing but I'm just a recreational diver holding NAUI Master Scuba Diver card and considering myself an amateur photographer. Besides, my deepest dive was only 36 m. at The Whale Factory Ship Wreck in Kudat, Malaysia. Obviously not qualified with your offer.

However, where you dive were really interesting, esp. that Drop-off near the Hardeep. Never heard of it before! I'm planning to dive the Hardeep on Oct. 26-27th and still looking for a trip. I called Ray Divers in Samae Sarn as I used to dive there with them but unfortunately their boat will be chartered that weekend. Do you have a package to the Hardeep every weekend? Hope you don't mind to give me more details on your wreck trip. You can post it here or send it to juvdiver@loxinfo.co.th

Thanks & hope to dive with you soon :snorkel:

Thanks Bruce, I have passed the info to my diving friends, and since a few of them are technical divers, they seem very interested.
Another question please, seems like you are in Pataya, could you please let me know who you are or what dive shop . At this point , some of us are doing technical diving with a Korean instructor, no name please, and we would like to have choices. If this kind of information is forbidden in the board, could you please let me know through the private message?
I have been to Hardeep a couple of times, but stopped becuase my last dive, we met with a group of either new divers or careless diver, and one of them, while struggling, accidently pulled the regulator out of my mouth.

Must be sleepy.
The question in my mind most, is about those bombs, are they exploded ones or live ones, that can be exploded, in certian circumstances?
I am a coward !!
Thanks

Back
Top Bottom