Diving in Zakynthos

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Petar

Reaction score
Hello there :wink:

I found in the net several diving clubs in Zakynthos (Diver's paradise, Eurodivers, Turttle beach, Nero) but would appreciate if you can recommend me any of them if you have had the chance to try it. Fanis from Divers paradise seems very kind and reponsive but also the most expensive comparing to the rest. Any opinions would be appreciated.

Thanks a lot.

Just come back from 2 weeks in Zakynthos where i managed 10 dives in total.

Diving there is VERY restricted by greek law.

No below 30m, no decompression diving, no wreck diving, no night diving (although this last one can be overcome with a bribe i think...) No nitrox on the island but again due to the limits on depth and deco its not needed so isnt really an issue.

All of the operators i believe dive in total 10 possible sites all off the Keri peninsula.

The best dive i did were the Keri Caves although "The Arch" is a close second.

Visibility maybe 20m-35m and water temp roughly 24c surface this time of year.

I dived with Eurodivers (http://www.eurodivers.nu) and did check out some of the others. The thing that swung it for me is this outfit was an out all day for 2 dives as opposed to out,in,out,in as separate trips. I prefer an all day rather than diving shuttle.

FWIW i found the staff there very friendly although im sure all the others are too. Its a very nice island with very friendly locals and great scenery so above water its good too.

I only got back yesterday and in the process of writing a trip report this weekend, if you have any specific questions then feel free to PM or email me. I'll update this post with url of report when its done.

Returned from Zakynthos and I am extremely happy! Had a nice vacation and will post my impressions in the relevant sections.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom