Diving next to Mansfield dam near the jailhouse

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Robert that was a good one.....LOL spewing coffee on my keyboard:rofl3:

On a serious note does anyone have a link or pics of the dam as it was being constructed?

Dave,,,, I know I have seen them posted right here on the Swamp just last year....pretty good photos to.....hmmmm.......I will search to see if I can find that thread/s.

I've been down "inside" the jailhouses a couple times but just inside, I've heard of at least one person going all the way down and into the intake pipes at the bottoms of the jail grates, not something I would even think about doing.

The inside shafts/tubes that I have been in are at approx. 145ffw.....go back into the structure and stop at about 15ft., they terminated in what appeared to be a concrete wall....they did not have any signs of mechanical workings at all, simply concrete tubes with a silt bottom.

The inside shafts/tubes that I have been in are at approx. 145ffw.....go back into the structure and stop at about 15ft., they terminated in what appeared to be a concrete wall....they did not have any signs of mechanical workings at all, simply concrete tubes with a silt bottom.

was that when the lake was down? when the lake was down 40 feet or whatever it was I swam the bottom of the dam, the only jail I stopped on was out toward the middle of the channel, I'd have to check my logs for sure but I recall the depth being around 135 - 140 feet, of course this was at the bottom edge of the tube thingy, that would have put the top at around 125 to 130 or so if I remember right.

was that when the lake was down? when the lake was down 40 feet or whatever it was I swam the bottom of the dam, the only jail I stopped on was out toward the middle of the channel, I'd have to check my logs for sure but I recall the depth being around 135 - 140 feet, of course this was at the bottom edge of the tube thingy, that would have put the top at around 125 to 130 or so if I remember right.

Early fall 2007 145ffw/80F....we dropped into the 'jail house' thru the open steel grate that had been removed.....dropped straight down the inside structures wall to the tubes....there was still diveable water below our planned TOD.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom