Diving NJ after Sandy ...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I was in the water yesterday in manasquan inlet, visibility was probably on par for 5 - 10 feet. The landscape on the bottom is completely different. Sand is pretty much stripped away to clay and pebbles from the sea wall out about 20 feet. A few new pillings on the bottom, a decent amount of other debris but a lot of bare areas as well. I'll have video posted soon... Even a 14k gold ring was found.

Kinda long, the begining is mostly just picking up fishing sinkers, but around 14 minutes in, a nice surprise mixed in with the mud/pebbles. A few old Coke bottles, and a few other old Lynch bottles as well as an old Red Rock soda bottle.

[video=youtube;RUsES7wVOys]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RUsES7wVOys&feature=plcp[/video]

Nice video thanks for posting! I'm starting to get the itch to splash one of the Inlets myself!

Any info on wrecks like Miss Eleanor or the John Minturn? I wonder if sand may have cleared away from them, or if they ended up being covered over completely. I was at IBSP the other day and couldn't see any sign of the Miss Eleanor.

I can not comment on those 2 wrecks. But I dove the Dual Wrecks earlier this year (5/9/15) and they were fine - Adonis and Rusland - I did not see any issues. They were covered with sand but they are so close to shore (200ish feet from the beach) that it is their natural state. I did not see any destruction or otherwise notable issues with the Dual Wrecks.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom