Diving off the beaten track on the Philippines

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

5. PANAY---- I have not been there and not sure about backpacker prices availability.

Panay is really out of the beaten track, but that's the point to have your privacy in diving. Reefs and sea life in a very good shape...and of course NOT crowded at all.
Rates are similar to all dive spots in the Phils, and you have your own choice of diving and relax.
Also to get there to dive shops they are very easy accessible. Just a short flight to Kalibo or Catiklan and easy to have transportation at the island.

antiquediver...

Puerto Galera offers the best of both worlds. If you want a quiet place away from the tourist then stay in Mulle you can easily find room under 1000p a night. Try Badladz. I'll back there again myself in Sept

Hey Guys,

Thanks again for all your hints and tipps. We are currently on Malapascua Island and dive with Evolution (well, we can not post a link, but you'll find it on Google). We are absolutely happy. We love the island as well as the dive center (they really have the best equipment we ever saw and the service is good and personalized).

Let's see where we are heading next, we'll let you know.

Cheers,
Jasmin & Konstantin

I'm based in Bohol which is reachable in about a days travelling from Malascua.

Most people dive in the Panglao area which I have heard is very nice diving but very busy. We are based up in Anda, about one hour from Tagbilarian City. Here we have 14km of coral reef, very beautiful and unspoilt...there are only a few dive centres in the area so we rarely run into other divers. Like most coral reefs its great for the small things (we have one site which is nudibranch heaven) and we have a vast marine life, turtles etc. We also have some huge eagle rays and one resident whaleshark. No wrecks unless you count a very small zodiac :D

I'm based in Bohol which is reachable in about a days travelling from Malascua.

Most people dive in the Panglao area which I have heard is very nice diving but very busy. We are based up in Anda, about one hour from Tagbilarian City. Here we have 14km of coral reef, very beautiful and unspoilt...there are only a few dive centres in the area so we rarely run into other divers. Like most coral reefs its great for the small things (we have one site which is nudibranch heaven) and we have a vast marine life, turtles etc. We also have some huge eagle rays and one resident whaleshark. No wrecks unless you count a very small zodiac :D

Sarah,
Tell us some more

Cheers.
Roger

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom