Diving recommendations

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I would do a dive with Osman! Doug or Richard at Barefoot would gladly be able to hook you up with him. He is now working on the northside but away from where most people go. I plan on diving with him next time I am there (soon). Anyone who is a regular at CoCo View will tell you he is as good as they come! As a dive guide and as a person! If you want a great experience he is your guy! Feel free to contact me if you need my help setting you up with him. I think anyone who has been to CoCo View would agree!

I would do a dive with Osman! ...he is as good as they come! As a dive guide and as a person! If you want a great experience he is your guy!

True dat.............:lotsalove:

Osman is at Turquoise Bay, Like I mentioned, he stays close with Doug and Richard, they can get you direct contact. I have only been to the resort but never dived anywhere near. Just a big fan of learning to see things I never would have if Osman was not pointing them out! And a big fan of Osman and his family. Great people! The web page is out dated but will give you an idea, sorta...

Roatan Dive Resort | Turquoise Bay Resort

Have dove will all three, great people, all local people, not expats with only profit in mind. Check them out.

Just FYI non of the diveshops you have mentioned are owned by locals
Octopus is owned by Nuria from Spain, Europe.
Las Rocas is owned by Mierta from Italy, Europe
Anemona is owned by a girl also from Spain, Europe.

Please don't taint all expats with the same brush, not all of us are here with profit in mind although as a business owner/partnership with a local, it is nice when we make some kind of profit. Albeit here in Roatan not always guaranteed.lol

Some of us actually work hard-earning local currency, contributing to the local community, giving-rather than taking, because we want to live here and we love what we do. Besides which if money was the most important thing, there wouldn't be that many dive shops in Roatan, lots of real estate agents perhaps. lol.
Have a great day!

A very slanted opinion from someone located on the south side of the island. I prefer, and many more, prefer the north side with calmer water and great reef. When we were there a few weeks ago the seas were very rough on the south side, in fact, our dive shop did not recommend the south side until it calmed down. Check out the north side also, much more enjoyable diving!

Slanted? Obviously this is a statement from someone who has been to the island once and is experienced only with what happened on that trip. In general, the NORTH side of the island can be much rougher than the south side because it is the WINDWARD side of the island. That is why Anthony's Key is all set up to bus their divers over to the south side of the island when prevailing winds prevent diving on the north side.

It all depends on when you go and what the weather is doing at that particular time. I dove the south side of Roatan six weeks ago when a tropical wave was making its way through...NO WAY that would have happened on the north side :no:

P.S. Thanks for all the great info RoatanMan...you rock! You are slanted, but it a funny kind of way!!!

Osman is at Turquoise Bay, Like I mentioned, he stays close with Doug and Richard, they can get you direct contact. I have only been to the resort but never dived anywhere near. Just a big fan of learning to see things I never would have if Osman was not pointing them out! And a big fan of Osman and his family. Great people! The web page is out dated but will give you an idea, sorta...

Roatan Dive Resort | Turquoise Bay Resort

Subway Water Sports is the dive op at Turquoise Bay...

Slanted? Obviously this is a statement from someone who has been to the island once and is experienced only with what happened on that trip. In general, the NORTH side of the island can be much rougher than the south side because it is the WINDWARD side of the island. That is why Anthony's Key is all set up to bus their divers over to the south side of the island when prevailing winds prevent diving on the north side.

It all depends on when you go and what the weather is doing at that particular time. I dove the south side of Roatan six weeks ago when a tropical wave was making its way through...NO WAY that would have happened on the north side :no:

P.S. Thanks for all the great info RoatanMan...you rock! You are slanted, but it a funny kind of way!!!

I have been diving Roatan for the last 3 years, total of 4 trips:dork2:

Our next trip is to Akumal, then to Guanaja the first of 2011. Seems to much more peaceful there:D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom