Diving Related Books

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Half way through Last Dive. I enjoyed the history lesson in the first 1/4. As a relatively new diver, understanding the history and theory behind diving helps. I also jotted down the names of the major players so now I can search out their works to add to my reading pile! From the local perspective, I know many of the areas and boats and shops mentioned which helps make it come alive (at least for me). MechDiver, I agree - the dyfunctionality of the family dynamics annoyed me.

Sitting in the pile is Deep Descent and Diver's Fireside Anthology (short stories).

I agree - the dyfunctionality of the family dynamics annoyed me.
There is a point to all that...it comes into play later and should cross your mind at least once when you evaluate their last dive.

Hell Divers Rodeo....those folks are plain nuts!! ages

I liked Neutral Bouyancy and Rapture of the Deep as well.

Oh, and Down Time, edited by Ed Kittrell. A nice collection of short works including poetry.

I read both "The Last Dive" and "Deep Descent". I found them both to be generally informative and entertaining. The one thing that they taught me was that if you push the envelope often enough you will get hurt. I have become a more conservative diver as a result. I am done going deeper just to say I went deeper. Its dark, there little to see and you end up being the air hog on the dive.

Ages,

I agree the divers in that book are nuts, but I did enjoy it. I think the author is a member of the boards.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom