Diving Season in Central Texas

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I just bought a drysuit from SIS and cant wait to get my hands on them. I never entertained diving dry, until I went diving in California over the summer. In both places, the waters were in the 50degrees and at 80 - 90 ft, you dont last long. On top of that, I feel bad having to end the dive when you and your buddy still have over 1000PSI in your tank.
Anyway, SIS gave me a good price on my drysuit and they have excellent service as well. I'll be NorCal/SoCal for the holidays and looking forward to doing some cold water diving without freezing my *** off:D

subzero:
I just bought a drysuit from SIS ...
Congrats subzero, Im envious.

I suspect I will try and get a dry suit this time next year. I know that I wont be able to do it this winter. But I still plan to dive every month and will use the same setup I used in the Gulf with the addition of a real hood and maybe a vest under it all. I didnt have either of those last winter and still managed, but I did get cold on some of those dives.

Willie

wet-willie:
Congrats subzero, Im envious.

I suspect I will try and get a dry suit this time next year. I know that I wont be able to do it this winter. But I still plan to dive every month and will use the same setup I used in the Gulf with the addition of a real hood and maybe a vest under it all. I didnt have either of those last winter and still managed, but I did get cold on some of those dives.

Willie
Thanks. If you add a vest, that should help you stay longer in the water. However, I just find being cold and wet is so overrated:)
BTW, you diving next weekend?

A few of us will be at Murray/Ok. tomm. for a few dips....you guys are always welcome.

Jarrett:
65 is my cutoff. What's CSSP at right now?

On 10-22-06, at about 3 pm and the temp was 71 at the surface and at 40 feet. Second dive was at 4:45 pm and it was pretty dark at 40 feet. The temp was 69 at the surface and also at 40 feet. The outside air temp ranged between 59 and 65 while we were there. 3mm with shortie over it and gloves was fine for me.

bethbsting:
On 10-22-06, at about 3 pm and the temp was 71 at the surface and at 40 feet. Second dive was at 4:45 pm and it was pretty dark at 40 feet. The temp was 69 at the surface and also at 40 feet. The outside air temp ranged between 59 and 65 while we were there. 3mm with shortie over it and gloves was fine for me.

Sounds like you had a great time....that is cool!!! Just up the road today in Ok. at Lake Murray the water temp was 65f.

Dive season never ends in Central Texas, especially. You are fortunate to have the Comal, San Marcos, and Aquarena which are never colder than 72 degrees year round. Lucky!!!!

Lets not forget, The 9 Amish Bath House at Lake Murray has warm water year round.
But wait... that is North of here isn't it ?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom