Diving Tattoos - Do you have one?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Depends where you get it. Most of the time if feels like the person is just scratching you.

I have 2 more tattoo's that I'm going to get this summer. One will be a scuba themed one. I'm going to do the Maple Leaf part of this art work. It will go on my Right back/shoulder.

Nice. It will look really cool.

The left shoulder blade should have your Avatar pic.... I still get a kick everytime I see the "Kitty Gone Postal" picture you use. :D

Best wishes.

I get enough crap for taking the time to paint dive flags on my toenails....I'd never live down a tattoo.

I have thought about getting a tattoo for many years.

I worry about it getting all muddy and blurry over time though.

I did finally get my wife talked into it, as she did cleave unto me and all that mushy stuff.
She has told me that I may have all the tattoos I want when the kids are moved out, the grandchildren are finished with college, and she is dead.
So....
I am good to go!

Chug

I met a guy with a scuba flag on his leg. Its on his calf muscle. When it was pointed out that the flag was backwards, he was a bit surprised but came back quickly with the comment that it was backwards on purpose. I think something about from the front it is correct. Of course, he does not have a tat on the front of his leg.

For me, I have no tat's, and have no desire to get one. I have a cousin who owns a shop and is an artist in the area but I figure that after 10 years of the US Navy, if I did not get one then, I am not going to start now. But I do like them, a lot. Especially intricate ones or guys with lots of them.

Nice. It will look really cool.

The left shoulder blade should have your Avatar pic.... I still get a kick everytime I see the "Kitty Gone Postal" picture you use. :D

Best wishes.

Left shoulder is saved for a dragon. No Gun totting Kitty. :wink:

Left shoulder is saved for a dragon. No Gun totting Kitty. :wink:

You mean no Hello Kalashnikitty??

hello-kitty-assault-rifle-tattoo.jpg

Peace,
Greg

I got this on the last day of my vacation to Hawaii.... I had always wanted a tattoo, but never could figure out what I was passionate enough about to have it permanently displayed on my body ... Until I got certified! :D

It's on the back of my right calf and ended up being a bit bigger than I had originally envisioned. While the proportions of the flag itself aren't quite right (the part that is folded under as it's "waving" is too big) I am pleased with the way it turned out. The artist who did it, suggested the blue around it and the banner with the states listed; he set it up so that I can just have more banner added & the pole extended as I dive more locations .... Hopefully, one day, it will end up all the way down the back of my leg and have to wrap around to the front!! :D

Sorry about the blood, my wife took this picture right after I took the bandage off … I can’t say it “hurt” particularly bad while they did it, but the cramping in my leg that started 2 hours after they finished (and lasted for about 8 hours) hurt like Heck (my leg was sore for a week)

Attachments

• DSC_4920.jpg
    DSC_4920.jpg
    375.6 KB · Views: 9,979
I'm a tattooless dirty old man--I just want to see the other side of the OP girl's tattoo...

H-e-X-X no. N

I'm trying to find the perfect Eagle Ray for my shoulder. It may have a blend of critters in the tat or it may not. I think I need to sit with an artist and draw something out. It will be my first. My wife kept saying for years, it will look so faded and out of shape when your a grandpa. Well I'm there now. hehehe. It will be the only thing that looks tight on my bod now. lol.

Back
Top Bottom