Review Diving the Avelo System

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

This seems ridiculous to me. Creating a complex system to a problem that doesnt exist? Controlling buoyancy is a very basic skill necessary for safe diving so to eliminate diver responsibility seems silly if not reckless.

The concept is good since using my own version to carry a bunch of lobster hoop nets with no bouyance change from top to bottom . I attached the ten hoop nets to a propane tank with a water valve to trim them perfectly neutral from top to bottom . Easy Does It

The concept is good since using my own version to carry a bunch of lobster hoop nets with no bouyance change from top to bottom . I attached the ten hoop nets to a propane tank with a water valve to trim them perfectly neutral from top to bottom . Easy Does It
No one is questioning the physics, but high pressure carbon fiber tanks, an internal bladder and a ballast water pump seems like a complicated approach to neutral buoyancy.

+ or -. With a station keeping button, might be cool.

Depth/NDL restriction for tourists? Computer says you go up so you go up, no more chasing pretty fish with your last 50 bar.

Likely too much liability to give it full control.

Especially at the rate that divers chum themselves on a boat propeller.

Dial-a-depth?

It doesn't work that way. After the initial pumping of ballast water, you are neutrally buoyant, and it is depth independent. You pump some more ballast when you become light from breathing down your gas.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom