Diving to cure DCS

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Joe21

Contributor
Reaction score
How many people have cured mild DCS by retuing to depth and making a slow ascent and safety stop?

You guys are really making me concerned about your scuba diving education.....this must be the result of dumbing down scuba diving education materials.

Last edited:
How many people have cured mild DCS by retuing to depth and making a slow ascent and safety stop?
Under normal circumstances a symptomatic diver should never be returned to the water, they should be put on 100% oxygen and transported to a chamber. Omitted decompression with a non-symptomatic diver is another story.

Under normal circumstances a symptomatic diver should never be returned to the water, they should be put on 100% oxygen and transported to a chamber. Omitted decompression with a non-symptomatic diver is another story.

What about abnormal case?

What about abnormal case?
Rich Pyle has written well about the problems of and approaches for in-water decompression in a situation where evacuation to a chamber is not possible.

Good discussion in wiki (I think it was posted there by our own Gene from Rubicon).

When I said mild I meant minor joint pain.
What is not clear?

When I said mild I meant minor joint pain.

IWR is a bad idea. If you have joint pain after a dive and think it might be DCS, call DAN and see what they think.

Terry

How does your answer pertain to the question :shakehead:.. As webmonkey and thalsssamania point out its probably not smart but I bet a lot of older commercial divers have been cured that way. I know 2 or 3 personally. One would still do it that way but I for one would not.

You guys are really making me concerned about your scuba diving education.....this must the result of dumbing down scuba diving education materials.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom