Diving & USD

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

GimmeSome

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Just wondering as everyone seems to quote in USD in Cozumel, Playa etc, is it simpler (for me at least) to pay for my dive trips in USD?

What does everyone suggest?

Thanks!

yes dollars are well accepted.

Dollars are excepted as stated but for the day to day spending - you will get a better deal if you have Pesos

USD are accepted with no problem.

In regard to paying in USD or Pesos-- in Mexico many businesses make a lot of money off of the exchange rate game, a lot of money. If you want to avoid the typical games, pay in what you are quoted, thus avoiding the opportunity to whack you with the exchange game. The exchange game can see you easily over-paying by 15-25% above what you were quoted.

Reactions: BRT
The last two times i've been Ive taken Pesos for general spending, and tipping on the dive boat. As far as paying the dive shop I've paid in USD as that is what my bill has always been quoted in anyway.

I always pay USD for diving and pesos for everything else.

Back
Top Bottom