Diving with Gators present??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

would be funny seeing this sign at dive site... :rofl3:

alligators.jpg

I dive with a couple of Gators, they are OK. :wink:

And a 'Nole, but she's an old friend so I make an exception in that one case. :eyebrow:

:rofl3:

:no How could you EVER make an exception for a Nole? Gators rock because were so dangerous :eyebrow: !

No one want's to be near us but we get so much attention :rofl3:

IN my twenties I spent some time around the swamps in south and central FLorida. THe biggest ones I saw where around 11 feet. I do not think the big ones are out there anymore.

I believe the record is under 20' feet long. I also think Gatorland still has a HUGE bounty on anything over 16' and has not paid it out yet....

New fresh water diving Terror critter--

The Burmese python is one of the largest of all snakes, growing up to 9 metres (30 feet) and weighing up to 91 kg (200 pounds)[1]. It

Unfortunately, the captive breeding of Burmese pythons in the Americas has led to some rather serious problems. People who grow tired of their pythons, or whose pythons have grown too large to be kept in their houses, have been known to release their pets into the wild rather than have them euthanised. This has been particularly problematic in Florida, where a large number of pythons have made their way to the Everglades. They have thrived there, begun to reproduce prolifically, and become an invasive species. Since they have been known to eat endangered birds and alligators, these snakes present a new danger to an already fragile ecosystem. In February of 2008, one scientist predicted that, after several generations, these snakes could eventually migrate to and flourish in as much as a third of the continental United States

Interesting how some will try to "predict" what a wild animal will do in different circumstances! Alligators are wild animals and by that, UNPERDICTABLE. All animals for that matter. Your decision is, Am I bigger and can I defend myself if attacked? If the animal is too big and I feel that they have the advantage, I'm out of there. If warned, and your persist, shame on you.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom