Dixie Divers Sopras Sub 30LB BP&W

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

wolfgangmob

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
I've looked around on here and elsewhere online and still can't find much addressing this set up directly. I'm looking for basic BP&W set up and for $250 it is interesting and as long as the wing and backplate are fine I can put on a different harness easily enough or just make my own from webbing and parts. I don't expect this to be with me for the next decade but if I can get 2 or 3 years of diving (with about a dozen dives a year for now) out of it I would be content since by then I will be able to afford more. Does anyone know of any reviews other than Dixie Divers ebay store?

There was another thread where a person was looking to purchase it. However, I do not know if he did or not. Dixie Divers is a regular LDS in Deerfield Beach. As far as Sopras Sub goes, I think it is made by an OEM somewhere in Eastern Europe that makes gear for other brands. The quality should be fine.

There was another thread where a person was looking to purchase it. However, I do not know if he did or not. Dixie Divers is a regular LDS in Deerfield Beach. As far as Sopras Sub goes, I think it is made by an OEM somewhere in Eastern Europe that makes gear for other brands. The quality should be fine.

I saw that thread, that's the most recent mention of Sopras Sub. I've looked into it a bit more, for about an hour, and it is a Czech company that sells stuff they make, stuff made in China/Taiwan, steel tanks from someone, most likely just rebrands. It appears they sell under the names Sopras Sub SA and Amaranto Sub SA since both companies have the same headquarters address and phone & fax numbers in Czech Republic. I did find some reviews of the larger wings on UK forums and a couple mentions on South African forums, no one seems to be calling them bad by any means but not many people are saying anything at all. There are a couple decent used wings on ebay I might try to snag in the next day or so, if I can't get one for less than $150 or so I'll just go ahead and get this set up and then I can make a nice review on it.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom