DIY Backplate

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Looks good to me. Enjoy diving it.

Chad

For those that are still looking for tank straps. reefscuba.com has them for $20 each.

I was just wondering. I have a couple of hard plastic backpack/harness tank holders (the old codger type) and I wanted to get a small wing to use with one for the fun of it... set up a very minimalist recreational rig... and I was thinking about getting a Seatec wing like you have but looking at the picture made me wonder how far it would end up wrapping up around the sides of the tank when in the water horizontal with a little air in it. I used to use one without the wing years ago with my first drysuit.

I know you posted it a long time ago when you first started putting together a wing/bp rig... but I forget.... where did you get the wing???

My favorite Lds when he closed to move 100 miles away:upset:
He had it laying around. He said a tec diver ordered it and never came back!! I think I paid around 80$ for it. It had never been in the water. I never tryed the plastic backplate. I wanted to use it set up right. Maybe I should have but it felt so light and wierd to me! But I am going out on a friends boat wednesday.
Im think we will be getting in 4 dives. It should be well tested by then:) That tank the wing is on is a old 3000lb 95!
Ill be using my 2640lb 95s too Im looking forward to see how this setup works!
Rick L

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom