DIY Canisters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Fixed. Will ship anywhere as long as payment is good and you cover shipping.
Thanks

Powder coated heads

Attachments

• DSC00126.jpg
    DSC00126.jpg
    400.8 KB · Views: 221
Wow those are really looking good! I've always been partial to redheads. :gorgeous: I'm looking forward to seeing one of them fired up once you get the lenses installed. How are the plans for the 27W coming along?

More progress....
All the canisters will be finished tonight. I had them all done, but I had sold them all.
Found a glass place that had the 48mm glass disks in stock. Should be here Friday.
All else is done except:
1. Lenses
2. Machining for lenses and second O-ring
3. Powder coating the light head cap
4. Final assembly.

27W lighthead will be machined some more tonight. The main thing on that one is getting the batteries so I can do a full power burn on it. That thing looks like it's gonna be awesome based on a test done at 0.2 amps... The thing can handle a full 1.3 amps. I will feed it 1 amp and about 22 volts. So it will pretty much be about a 22 watt.

Oh and BTW, I have a gentleman from Ireland that has already claimed the 27W, but I have no money yet. So we'll see if the sale goes through... I'll build more, though.

And the redhead actually has some black specs on it from me not cleaning up the powder residue very well from the previous spray. It acutally looks pretty cool. I think I may need to buy a powder coat unit for each color that way I can avoid that...

Oh and BTW, I have a gentleman from Ireland that has already claimed the 27W, but I have no money yet. So we'll see if the sale goes through... I'll build more, though.

Hector,

Please keep me in mind if the deal falls through or when you start taking orders for the next batch of them.

Thanks, Jeff

Update:
1. 27W Light head is being threaded this week
2. Received batteries today, will be getting them put together professionally within the next few days.
3. Lenses should be here tomorrow.
4. 12W LED should be finished in a few days. 27W in a week to 2 weeks.

If you want one of the 12W, I have 3 left as I have a gentleman who has reserved one. Other 3 are available. Many people interested but no commitments yet.

Thanks

Ok....just bought one of the 12W, can't wait to get it. I should be able to get it in the water as soon as I receive it. I will post back my experience, though judging from the pics, I'm pretty sure I'm going to be very happy.

Hows the 21-24watt light progress? Have you come up with a price yet? The pics so far look good!

Light head will be threaded this week, dropping it off tomorrow. Batterries are in and dropping off at the battery place for assembly tomorrow. I think it will be in a 2.75 OD can about 7" deep. Will give about 4 hours. I can add another 3-4 in and 6 batteries to can to make last longer. Pack will be 12 18650 or 18 18650 depending on run time.
Price is expected at $800 for base model.

Thanks

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom