DIY Canisters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

unbelievable, i remember when I saw the first post of this thread a while ago and this is really taking off. i'll be only watching unfortunately.

Quality products at affordable prices... That's what this is all about!!! lol!

I am very interested in these lights. I am thinking of one of your 12w models for my diving here in OC california. I am looking forward to seeing some reviews of your 12w model that you are now shipping. One thing for sure is I think anadiozing will be far superior to powdercoating for this application. Also, one question do you supply a battery charger with your 12w light? If not, what do you recommend?

I am interested in one of your lights but not until after Christmas so I will keep watching the thread.

That being said, if you could do it in pink, I would probably send the pay pal right now.

Is there a way to see what the 12W and the 27W lights looks like assembled?
What about a comparison shot showing the brightness of the bulb.
Is there a chance that you will have a light between 12W and 27W?

Ladies and Gentlemen:
The time is finally here when I bring you the 12W LED fully functional and complete... Please see the pics at photobucket.com. Here is the link. I have some comparisons between my $1200 Salvo 21W and the 12W I sell for $450.

http://s535.photobucket.com/albums/ee355/350xfire/Cave Light/12W LED Tech Light/

Thanks to everyone that has hung in there.

Next, get the 27W up and running and I am also going to build a 24W HID using a NIMH battery pack I have laying around. Also, I'll have to start diving my own products so the Salvo may need to go on sale soon...lol

Luckydays:
I can do pink, I'll just have to order some powder... lol! I was waiting for someone to request something like this... The Delrin will have to be white or black though.

I am interested in one of your lights but not until after Christmas so I will keep watching the thread.

That being said, if you could do it in pink, I would probably send the pay pal right now.

Is there a way to see what the 12W and the 27W lights looks like assembled?
What about a comparison shot showing the brightness of the bulb.
Is there a chance that you will have a light between 12W and 27W?

Chance of something between 12 and 27W very unlikely since it is not much more $$ to get the full 27W. The 27W will probably be running at around 22-25W since I'll be driving it with a 1000 ma current limiting driver at about 25 volts. Now, I have found a really affordable 20W that may work, but it may only save about $50-$100, so I would rather stick with the Osram LED since they are really good quality.

Difference between 12W and 27W are very little... The LED is more expensive by a lot, I am using a driver which drives up cost and the battery pack is a 12 cell instead of 6 cell. Since cells are more can is bigger to hold them. So additional costs are for electronics and extra machining. There is an 18W unit available, but for just a few dollars you can get a 27W so I don't see the point. Unless someone absolutely requests it I probably will not build it. You may be talking about saving $100 dor 10 less watts... The battery pack for the 27W will fit in a 2.75" can, same as Salvo 21W LED can. This will be a 22.2 Volt 5200mah can able to run for about 4-5 hours. Additional time can be added by adding 3" to the can and another 6 cells. The canister will be about 11" long vs 9 for the 5600mah.

I should be able to fire the 27W tomorrow when I get a battery pack big enough to run it and I get my light head back from threading. If I do, I'll post pics.
Thanks

I am very interested in these lights. I am thinking of one of your 12w models for my diving here in OC california. I am looking forward to seeing some reviews of your 12w model that you are now shipping. One thing for sure is I think anadiozing will be far superior to powdercoating for this application. Also, one question do you supply a battery charger with your 12w light? If not, what do you recommend?

Batteries and chargers are included. I use Li Ion batteries. The 12W will have a 3.7v 14,400 mah pack with a 1.5A charger. I ordered a battery analyzer to ensure that my packs are what is printed on them. Chinese have a bad habit of overrating their stuff. If I find that the 18650 batteries I am using are crap, I will spend a bit more to get Li Polymer. The price will go up, but I think in the neighborhood of about $100. Not bad to assure a quality product.

My problem right now is that I want to get out and dive one but I just had Lasik and need to wait about 2 weeks... bad timing.

Oh and yes, once I get orders for at least 7 at a time, I will do some anodizing, I need to figure out the cost implication, though since not just any anodizing will do.

So pink it is. I prefer hot pink as it will match my fins. I will contact you after Christmas to see what you can do. Besides pink on black would look great.

Can you repost the link for the pics as I seem to get stuck at the main screen of photobucket.

So pink it is. I prefer hot pink as it will match my fins. I will contact you after Christmas to see what you can do. Besides pink on black would look great.

Can you repost the link for the pics as I seem to get stuck at the main screen of photobucket.

Here you go:
12W LED Tech Light pictures by 350xfire - Photobucket

What I will need is something that you can point me to (SCUBA gear brand or something) that is that color so I can get something similar...

Thanks

All 12W lights are sold and paid for.

Now, working on the 27W, which has already been spoken for. however, this will allow me to post pictures of the beam.

Have a bunch of parts ordered to build more 12W and 27W...

Additionally, I have ordered some LEDs that claim 2500 lumens. 3.7V/9amps or about 35W. These things will blow anything away. I am told they are a bit floody so video light may be the way for these.... Will also need a battery pack that can supply 9amps and possibly some type of driver..

Back
Top Bottom