DIY Canisters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hi Hector,

I had a look at Brian's light today and fell in love! Can you do one like it in blue or yellow?

Sandy

Sandy, I can do it, but it would have to be powder coated. I may still have a couple of the original style heads I can build a light with that I can powder coat. I have yellow at this time.

The new style units I have are Type III Hard coat anodized which will provide better corrosion resistance.

Last edited:
I received my 10 watt Cree canister light today and have to say this thing is beautiful. The quality of construction and Hector's customer service is superb. I lit it up in a dark garage and was very impressed with the light output. I will post another review when I've had a chance to dive it.

Tim

I received my 10 watt Cree canister light today and have to say this thing is beautiful. The quality of construction and Hector's customer service is superb. I lit it up in a dark garage and was very impressed with the light output. I will post another review when I've had a chance to dive it.

Tim

Thanks Tim... Hope you have a great time diving it.
Hector

Sandy, I can do it, but it would have to be powder coated. I may still have a couple of the original style heads I can build a light with that I can powder coat. I have yellow at this time.

The new style units I have are Type III Hard coat anodized which will provide better corrosion resistance.

Here is a follow up on the color issue... Turns out that anodized aluminum takes on powdercoating very well. So, fo those who want color, I can do it.
Thanks

Ok, I dove my new 10W Cree canister light yesterday and, WOW!! That thing is KILLER!!! It wasn't a night dive, but it was low viz and low light conditions on the Yukon yesterday. I could see my light beam travel past other divers on the descent line and hit the top of the wreck below them. It lit up areas of the wreck waaay better than my buddy's HID light cannon, and had a very bright, white light.

I am very impressed and happy with this purchase. If there are any of you that are hesitant about buying one of Hector's lights, don't worry you will NOT be disappointed.

Ok, I dove my new 10W Cree canister light yesterday and, WOW!! That thing is KILLER!!! It wasn't a night dive, but it was low viz and low light conditions on the Yukon yesterday. I could see my light beam travel past other divers on the descent line and hit the top of the wreck below them. It lit up areas of the wreck waaay better than my buddy's HID light cannon, and had a very bright, white light.

I am very impressed and happy with this purchase. If there are any of you that are hesitant about buying one of Hector's lights, don't worry you will NOT be disappointed.

Thanks again Tim. Glad you are happy.

got my light today. this light is very cool and the guy, 350Xfire, who sold it to me was great to work with. answered every question and helped me find the right light, not just the most expensive..... highly recomend him and his lights

Back
Top Bottom