Diy spg?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Finneli Felwitch

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Divegearexpress has an SPG for $49 and I have seen other websites and LDS that sell them up to $100.

I checked google, did not come up with any returns. So has anyone ever made their own SPG? Can you purchase a regular HP gauge from The Home Depot and use it for diving?

You could, but it would be a single use gauge.....most non scuba gauges are not waterproof.

I think you might be able to make some type of oil filled industrial gauge work. The problem is that by the time you bought the gauge and adapters to connect it to a scuba regulator you would spend more than you can buy a quality used SPG for. Even if you could make it work a few times could you really trust it.

My understanding is ALL brass and glass gauges you can buy are made in one Italian factory. If there was some way around it I am sure someone would have tried. If $49 is too expensive then purchase a used one.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom