DMs behaving badly

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Clutchcargo

Contributor
Reaction score
On a recent trip to O'ahu we had an overzealous DM trying to impress. Check it out. He knew exactly where to look to find one.

Not the first time I have heard of (or seen) a DM doing sometning of this nature. Down in South FL, I witnessed a DumbMutt using a reef hook to pull a green moray out of his hole.

What's so hard about just going down and looking in awe at the world below?

While I'm at it and I haven't posted in a while, here's another from Belize on Labor Day, 2004. This guy actually posed for the pix.

First of all I wanted to say that I don't know the guy and I don't know the method he used to catch the octopus.

But I did want to say that Taco (octopus) is a local delicacy. It is legal to hunt them and lots of people, not me - I'd rather take pictures, take them home for dinner.

By snapping pictures we encourage the behavior. I just swim on by when I see this sort of thing.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom