Do I Need A Drysuit Course?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Many and most divers will eventually dispose of the ankle weights with the dry suit. I am one of those that have recently realized I didn't need the ankle weights anymore. However, my wife still does and she is more trim than I most of the time in her dry suit. She has the same "floaty" experience described above by Sadies Mom.

Dive gear is a personal choice just like clothes. If someone makes fun of your gear choice, you may be diving with someone who has never left 9th grade and is still worried about silly things like name brand and price paid and the store shopped at.

A dive buddy should be more worried about his/her buddies experience level and not how they are dressed, assuming the Dacor HUB they are using is in good shape, LOL!

i have learned alot, i just bought a diving concepts ultra flex about 2 weeks ago (sweeeeeet) the lds gave me some play time in the pool yesterday i it was a great benifit. but beyond leaning how to correct a feet up accent (with alot of practice) and getting my weight right i didnt learn much else. the discusion of bc or ds for bouyancey there are alot of good pionts that were made, i dive with several ds divers and even there opion varies. i am going to watch the video tapes today and maybe that will help clear some things up. good luck and thanks

Right on, SadiesMom. Interesting thread indeed.

Don't know about where you bought your suit,but when I bought mine the shop threw in a free course. personal pref take the course another excuse to get in the water. Have fun and stay dry.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom