Do Underwater Cities Exist???

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

in china is underwater city, but talking about 2 feet visiblity, and not sure if it is allowed to dive there

Smith Mountain Lake, VA, manmade. Hardly no undergrowth was removed. One town is rumored to be intact. I also heard the catfish were huge. Vis at depth is horrible. Silt city.

I was talking to a few friends about this the other day. Apparently there was a town flooded in one of the lakes up here in Montana, I do believe the lake actually crosses the U.S./Canada border, so I'm not sure what problems might arise from diving it or anything. It's not a "large" city, probably only 20-30 houses and a few shops at most, but it pokes out of the water from time to time, if it's a real dry season and we didn't get a bunch of snow to run off and fill the lakes up.

Jeeeeez Christina....they dont make them much better looking than you! Wow!

I've heard it mentioned somewhere here on the boards. The lake of the Ozarks has an underwater town. I think it's near the dam. Visiability is usually bad though, it's not exactly a clean lake.

Bighill lake in Kansas has a small town. I've seen it on a fish finder years ago, but have never been diving there. If diving is allowed, it'd be sort of dangerous with all the boat traffic. Bighill is a state lake built by the corps of engineers.

A friend told me about Port Royal, Jamaica. Anyone have more information.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom