Do Underwater Cities Exist???

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Supposedly there is a museum there today, with some stuff from the old Port Royal that was recovered from on (or under?) the sea floor. Don't know much about what's there, but it sounds interesting.

You guys are in luck, there is a small town in British Columbia that has been completely flooded after there local damn broke, this was awhile go, the diving there is awesome, diving through streets and checking out houses, etc.... Dive Zero Video Magazine has it in the plans and check for it in either our first or second issue, www.divezero.com

an ancient city just flooded by a dam these days, just google the ZEUGMA..

Hi, guys, 10x for the information but you`re always talking about some places in USA, I`m living in europe so it`ll be a little bit difficult for me to go and visit them. don`t u know some places in europe?
c ya

safe dives!

Attachments

• biosfreeologyaxel001.jpg
    biosfreeologyaxel001.jpg
    9.6 KB · Views: 203
  • epave3.jpg
    epave3.jpg
    23.8 KB · Views: 212
ChristinaDIM:
Hi, guys, 10x for the information but you`re always talking about some places in USA, I`m living in europe so it`ll be a little bit difficult for me to go and visit them. don`t u know some places in europe?
c ya

safe dives!

Ortoman has kindly given you a destination in Southern Turkey - Zuegma.

Not necessarily Europe, but not that far away either.

I also just did several dives in Yonaguni which, though amazing, is definitely not convenient from Europe or, indeed, from anywhere else - I live about 150km from it but still needed to take three flights. It's not relevant to what you're asking but I just wanted to gloat a little bit :).

xvxRED_DIVERxvx:
Smith Mountain Lake, VA, manmade. Hardly no undergrowth was removed. One town is rumored to be intact. I also heard the catfish were huge. Vis at depth is horrible. Silt city.
Not worth diving. As you said, very silty. You will be in a virtual forest of trees. No viz, crazy boat traffic and very deep. One dive there is all I needed to scratch it off my list of places to dive.

I haven't read through the whole thread so I don't know if someone else has mentioned it, but Lake Martin in central Alabama has an entire city at the bottom of it, complete with post office.

Don't know about diving it but the town of Alma is at the bottom of Lexington in Los Gatos, CA.

If you've any questions about Jules Lodge (actually PRINUL) or other habitats, I've a bit of experience with them and I will endeavor to answer them for you.

A few times I found foundations and stone walls, even a cemetary. After asking "older folks", that lived in the area before it was flooded. But a dream would be to cruise down main street, explore and penetrate each building. Talk about a silt out! LoL. An old building sitting 6o years. Awsome dive. I'm in.

But at last I've reseached a few lakes in the midwest and like someone above said everthing gets leveled before the lake fills. They were afraid buildings would get to a point were huge pieces would end up in a generator.

I think there is a town below Lake Wallenpaupack in Pennsylvania. I will find out when I am done building there~

Back
Top Bottom