Do you have a particular buddy?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

My wife is my regular buddy. Both of us are Instructors and it just helps enormously to have someone (either her or I) backing the other up when training or leading dives. It's like having your own personal DM at the back of the group all the time, and what's even better is that we've done enough dives together to almost know instinctively what the other is thinking with a mere glance or look.
When we're not leading dives it's the best thing to have your best buddy in real life as your scuba buddy also - it just allows us to share everything together.
We dive with several other groups of people usually but always as a pair, primarily because we see diving time as sharing space together and we jump at every opportunity we get to break away from our daily routines if we can afford to do so to go diving together.
A.w.e.s.o.m.e.

Peter Guy:
TSandM wrote

Hmmmm.

Hmmmm -- And just how SHOULD the male spousal unit (who spends most of his workdays in a basement office an hour commute from home) feel?

I'll dive with you again any time, Peter. Hire someone to do the rest of that stuff.

My buddy is my wife. She was my wife before being my buddy. We have done all the courses together. We always dive together. If we don't, the dive is not as good as that... same as for life on the surface.:sappy:

Nut Bubblefish:
My buddy is my wife. She was my wife before being my buddy. We have done all the courses together. We always dive together. If we don't, the dive is not as good as that... same as for life on the surface.:sappy:
I hear you Nut Bubblefish. My sentiments exactly also :coffee:

My girlfriend (who's a member of this board as well) is my buddy, although she just finished her check-dives about two or three weeks ago. To celebrate that, as well as for something cool to do over the holiday weekend, she and I (and her sister, who got certified with her) did some quarry diving up here. Becky and I did White Star yesterday, and then the three of us did Portage today. I have to admit it's really cool having an SO who dives as well...very romantic, in its own way. :14:

All the more so due to the fact that I was the one who really piqued their interest in diving. They love it as much as I do, and it's a great excuse to dive that much more often.

:lol: . . .And I was getting ready to say my dive buddys are my boyfriend and my sister. But it looks like some one beat me too it.

TSandM:
I try to chase my husband out of the house to dive with ANYBODY when I'm not available to dive with him (and sometimes when I am). So far, the only woman has been one of our best friends, but it wouldn't bother me anyway. But I'm a diver. I understand that there is a little to no trouble you can get into in a drysuit and four layers of thermal underwear . . . And that a woman with lank, dripping hair and unmentionable things depending from her nose is not much of a threat.

Oh that's good... funny!

I dive with my husband if conditions are right. That means... greater than 40 foot viz, greater than 75 degree water, etc.

Since this doesn't happen alot..(BOTH OF THOSE CRITERIA MET) I dive with MFDB and MSFDB more often. (THey know who they are!!!) But seriously, I find diving sooo much more enjoyable if I am sharing it with those that love and appreciate the amazing underwater world as much as me.) xxxxxx

My buddy, subsequently became my wife,then exwife, we still dive together and have become a good buddy team (after much work and communication), good buddys are hard to come by.....a little thing-like a divorce doesn't really enter in....what matters is understanding, and trust. (that's what's hard to come by)
I've tried to bulley my top side "back-men" into doing scuba, and think that this would would be the "best case", but have pretty much given up.

Oh, by the way...... I "Lost" my 1st wife due to a similar situation, perhaps you might think about diving exclusivey w/ your S/O/husband. Men (as widely known wil be men),weoman,will be .................................................................as they will.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom