Do you have practice questions for the DM exam?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The tests are cake except for the physics and physiology ones. Other than a few akward questions on the equipment test you should be fine if you did all the work. Review the workbook for physics and it will help you a lot.

-Kstnbike

I would also suggest going through the questions in the back of the DM manual. These helped me the most along with the workbook. I find the wheel easy to use. In fact I do most of my dive planning for rec dives with it. Faster for me than tables even.

I scanned the 170 or so questions from the back of the DM manual, ocr'd them and printed them out some 'cards' (I say cards, but just think paper!) - 8 questions per A4/Letter sheet and cut them out, then on the back I wrote down the answer, this helped in two ways:

1. You have to rewrite the stuff/answers from the books on the back of the cards, so it lodges some of it in your head while your writing it out - This worked wonders while I did nitrox
2. You now have cards, which you can pick at random (or get someone to pick) and try and answer the questions.

I have the questions in Word/Excel etc if you want a copy (Not sure on the copyright here, but I presume if you own the DM manual, then you must be allowed to scan/copy a part of it for revision?)

TheTrickster:
I scanned the 170 or so questions from the back of the DM manual, ocr'd them and printed them out some 'cards' (I say cards, but just think paper!) - 8 questions per A4/Letter sheet and cut them out, then on the back I wrote down the answer, this helped in two ways:

1. You have to rewrite the stuff/answers from the books on the back of the cards, so it lodges some of it in your head while your writing it out - This worked wonders while I did nitrox
2. You now have cards, which you can pick at random (or get someone to pick) and try and answer the questions.

I have the questions in Word/Excel etc if you want a copy (Not sure on the copyright here, but I presume if you own the DM manual, then you must be allowed to scan/copy a part of it for revision?)

I believe you've just broken standards:wink:

According to Padi, you can only copy the knowledge reviews (in any book) once they're filled out, and only then so that your instructor can keep it as a reference... This of course is in violation with at least a couple of local laws in europe, but hey - The standards can be more restrictive than the local legislation, and it's not a thing we can do about it:wink:

E:)

espenskogen:
I believe you've just broken standards:wink:

According to Padi, you can only copy the knowledge reviews (in any book) once they're filled out, and only then so that your instructor can keep it as a reference... This of course is in violation with at least a couple of local laws in europe, but hey - The standards can be more restrictive than the local legislation, and it's not a thing we can do about it:wink:

E:)

Damn it! I will have to burn them now and format the computer! I feel so unclean now!

:wink:

What if I say I 'typed' out all the 170 questions? Would that count as 'fair use'?

TheTrickster:
Damn it! I will have to burn them now and format the computer! I feel so unclean now!

:wink:

What if I say I 'typed' out all the 170 questions? Would that count as 'fair use'?

I know the feeling - A lot of us had it just before the Divemaster exams..:wink:

I guess you have to ask uncle Padi about the fair use bit - I guess as long as you shred all copies and burn them on a ritual fire afterwards, it's fair enough use.. Besides, before you're a divemaster, they can't initiate a QA against you, so enjoy the time you've got - Once you're a Pro, you'll never be able to go back.. (Bit like Hotel California, really:wink:)

Have you ordered the pro pack. It includes the instructor manual, the dm manual and the dm exams. I'm not sure if it's called the pro pack. The exams do not have the answers, but you can find most of them in the inst. manual, and the encyclopedia. You will have some questions on the PADI Standards so it would be good to have the inst manual even if you don't plan on instructing. My favorite parts were the physics and physiology. Some of the questions are very basic and common sense. Some are not. You can't just "go through" this stuff. I would suggest you talk to your instructor about getting these materials.

The Wheel...:rofl3: It is fun to play around with...But I can not understand why PADI doesn't do away with it. We don't teach students how to use it. You divemasters and instructors have to learn how to use it even though you will not be teaching anyone how to use it. They simply spent alot of money on something that no one buys...Pass the cost on to poor DMs...

rawls:
You divemasters and instructors have to learn how to use it even though you will not be teaching anyone how to use it. They simply spent alot of money on something that no one buys...Pass the cost on to poor DMs...

Now don't forget the all important eRDP too! Thats another $30...!

You have to learn how to use that too (well I was told I had too), and I have yet come across someone who uses one for real.

Back
Top Bottom