Do you search before posting a 'new' question?

Do you search before posting a 'new' question?

• Yes

Votes: 19 50.0%
  • No

Votes: 4 10.5%
  • Sometimes

Votes: 15 39.5%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

So search for the old topic and respond to it, even ask if anyone's opinion has changed. That way everything is in one place. The next time someone wants to know and they won't have to go through 5 identical threads to find their answer they do one search and find one thread with a history of updated information.

Originally posted by Marlinspike
Over time, opinions about existing products and diving practices change. Safer, better ways of doing things and technology are natural progressions of learning. Searching through old posts has been very much a learning experience, but I would not hesitate to ask a same question again, even if it had already been discussed ad nauseum, just in case someone came up with a better way or product since the last time a certain topic was discussed.

I would like to think that we divers who use life support equipment in our endeavours are constantly upgrading our way of doing things and kit. In doing so, we may arrive at something that resembles a common standard. It might even look like DIR...

:wow:

~Marlinspike

I never do a search unless I am looking for a specific thread, but then I have been here since the first month that the board started and have already read most of them anyway. hehehe. D%#@#@!!!, I'm getting old here to.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom