Doc's pro-ear plugs?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

pinkydinky

Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
As you know I've been having trouble equalizing (previous threads) but I recently came across these plugs that are vented are there any comments on these?

I have them. No problems equalizing with them in, although I didn't have many issues equalizing without. I'm not sure if they really do anything there good or bad.

What they do prevent is water in my ears. I would always get water in my ears and it would take forever to actually leak out or on dive trips I pretty much just lived with water in my ears until I was done. Now I don't have this problem.

As a secondary benefit, I wear them while on the boat which prevents the "wind" from getting in my ears which can help prevent ear aches and possibly infections not to mention the uncomfortable noise.

My only tip is to ensure your LDS has the measuring chart and is careful measuring as I could imagine if they don't fit correctly you might lose them as you hit the water or they may allow water in.

ive had equalizing issues since my first dive 15 years ago. thus i have not been diving as often as i wanted ( see my profile info)i had to stop diving for four years because i perforated my eardrum.
i recently discovered docs proplugs and in 15 years of diving its the only thing that has worked for me.
dove this weekend with a slight cold and i was able to equalize. that would have been close to impossible before even with 3 tabs of sudafed , my nasal spray, and my proears dive mask.
now all i need are the earplugs. they are absolutley great.
congratulations you got a great product

has there every been a problem with them clogging up under water and not equalizing??

my hubby and I both use them now. We dive both cold water and warm water with them. Never an issue. We started using them 5+ yrs ago when we realized how many divers in calif were using them. They told us it keeps your eardrums warmer in the cold water so equalizing is easier and less stressful on eardrum. Seems to work. We now use them all the time. My hubby is an instructor and recommends them to all his students, he even uses them in the pool. :D

As you know I've been having trouble equalizing (previous threads) but I recently came across these plugs that are vented are there any comments on these?

Hi pinkydinky:

There have been at least two threads that I have read and where I have posted about ears and plugs. I don't use them but if I had to for some reason, then I'd probably check out Doc's Pro Plugs. The vented ones are key and apparently you can tell if they are vented by the color- red and clear are both vented. A nifty feature is a lanyard, so you either don't lose one or you lose both. :)

Try this and this for reading, and when you decide to drop the hammer, think VENTED!

And as far as clogging, the only thing I read was about the diver's wax buildup in their ears could clog them. But that is a hygiene thing and nothing against the Pro Plugs. Although, I did have an ENT Physician tell me that really we never need to clean our ears, especially with cotton-tipped applicators (such as Q-Tips). I just can't swallow that though and swab away about every other day!

I hope this helps.

With kind regards,
Thomas

has there every been a problem with them clogging up under water and not equalizing??

as long as you are humanly hygenic with your ears there should be no problem with clogging from ear wax. i dont also see a problem of it being clogged by sand.
using the earplugs makes equalizing very easy. sometimes you dont even have to equalize at all

Hi all,
I too use the docs pro plugs and think they are the greatest thing since sliced bread. I would struggle on my descent prior to using them and now descend like a pro. I keep a spare in my dive box just in case I lose the pair I am using. Make sure a professional sizes you for them because the fit is important and they come in a lot of sizes.
Barbara

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom