Does any one know the famous diving place in the world?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I just sent those guys an email asking for more information. I love cold water diving.

If you fly Icelandair, you can make a stopover in Iceland, dive the Silfra, and continue on to Norway to dive there. As I recall they charge you just for the round trip airfare without the layover in Iceland.

It is a beautiful country, like few places in the world. Well worth visiting even if for only one day. Didn't get the opportunity to dive when I went through there, but my next trip to Europe will definitely include an extended layover in Iceland to dive.

I just sent those guys an email asking for more information.
DO try to get your trip during the cold part of the season. This time of the year - from October-ish to mid-March-ish usually has good to great viz. Summer? Not so much...

And if you're ever in Western Norway in late May, consider checking out Lygnstøylsvatnet (the Lygn shieling lake). There's no guided diving there, though, so you have to fix transport and gear rental independently.

DO try to get your trip during the cold part of the season. This time of the year - from October-ish to mid-March-ish usually has good to great viz. Summer? Not so much...

And if you're ever in Western Norway in late May, consider checking out Lygnstøylsvatnet (the Lygn shieling lake). There's no guided diving there, though, so you have to fix transport and gear rental independently.

And you cant dive this in the winter? I have a deep fascination for underwater towns and ruins.

To answer the OP's question, the most famous diving place I can think of is "The Ocean" :)

I have a deep fascination for underwater towns and ruins.

We have the "Lost Villages" here in the St. Lawrence if you ever find yourself in Ontario/Quebec Canada. Entire towns that were flooded to create the St Lawrence Seaway back in the 50's. I haven't actually been to any of the sites but I'm certainly excited to visit them in the future! Particularly the Mille Roches Powerhouse.

Top places I have been:

1. Brothers Islands, Red Sea
2. Browning Pass, British Columbia
3. Raja Ampat, Indonesia
4. Komodo, Indonesia
5. Lembeh Straits, Indonesia
6. Bonaire, Netherlands Antilles
7. Channel Islands, California
8. Barkley Sound, British Columbia
9. Tulum, Mexico
10. Maui, Hawaii

Top Ten places I want to go before I hang up my fins ...

1. Antarctica
2. Galapagos
3. Fiji (May, 2015)
4. Philippines (June, 2016)
5. Soccoros
6. Papua/New Guinea
7. Dadaelus/Elphinstone, Red Sea
8. Isla Mujeres, MX
9. Cocos Islands, Costa Rica
10. Palau

And you cant dive this in the winter? I have a deep fascination for underwater towns and ruins.

Theoretically, I guess it's possible to ice dive there. However, I believe it'd be somewhat complicated in practice. It's a well known site, but I've never heard of anyone doing an ice dive there. Late May/early June is generally recommended because the ice melting is over, and the algal bloom hasn't started for real yet.

Transport may be a challenge. Quite a few of our minor mountain pass roads are closed during the winter.

Of course, it may just be because no-one has been crazy enough to attempt it yet...

--
Sent from my Android phone
Typos are a feature, not a bug

To answer the OP's question, the most famous diving place I can think of is "The Ocean" :)

We have the "Lost Villages" here in the St. Lawrence if you ever find yourself in Ontario/Quebec Canada. Entire towns that were flooded to create the St Lawrence Seaway back in the 50's. I haven't actually been to any of the sites but I'm certainly excited to visit them in the future! Particularly the Mille Roches Powerhouse.

Lost villages is already on my list and I have communicated to Canadian divers to dive that. I was thinking when the season comes, we should start a scubaboard thread to dive the lost towns. That way everyone who is interested can meet in one place and do those dives. Powerhouse looks exciting and so do some other ruins in St Lawrence.

Hi everyone,

Can you tell me some famous diving place, especially the top 10 in the world? Article links are welcome.

Thank you in advance.

Tina

Here is a pretty good list, and so much of your choices depend on where you live. Personally, I would rather take lots of trips to the Caribbean because it is close than spend a full day flying to Oz or the Red Sea. Diff strokes. Have fun!!!
10 Great Scuba Diving Locations | Fodor's

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom