Does any one know the famous diving place in the world?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Tina Zhang

Registered
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

Can you tell me some famous diving place, especially the top 10 in the world? Article links are welcome.

Thank you in advance.

Tina

Can you tell me some famous diving place, especially the top 10 in the world?
There is so much fantastic diving in the world that any list like that will be wrong for anyone but the person who wrote it.

I'm going to assume that you're either not certified or just recently certified. Do you know what you "get off" from by seeing or doing underwater? Looking at pretty fishes? Seeing dramatic underground landscapes? Diving in caves? Looking at wrecks? Seeing large aquatic mammals? Drift diving? (Sub)arctic environments? (just to mention a few...) Be aware that many of those bucket list dives require advanced certifications and great skills, which you only can get by diving. A lot.

My advice is to dive, dive, dive, find out what "your" kind of diving is, and in that process research the 'net to find the great sites which offer the kind of diving you prefer. Make your own top ten (or twenty, or fifty) list and have that as your dream list. Then qualify yourself to be able to dive those sites in a safe manner.

Having just gotten my open-water certification, and ready to give up the life of “ski-bum” in favor of “beach bum”, this list is sure to come in handy. Thanks!

Top ten places I have dove personally, in no particular order: Columbia Wall Cozumel; Grand Cayman, south side; Fiji, Beqa Lagoon; Lanai, Cathedrals; Channel Islands, California, kelp forrests with the sea lions; Florida Keys, Spiegel Grove;Moaui, Olawalu; St. Kitts, multiple sites; Molokai, east end hammerhead shark dive; Blue holes, south of the Bahamas by liveaboard.
DivemasterDennis

We nearly lost it when a few Scots got uppity and wanted to leave the UK, but they voted to stay and we still have Scapa Flow, where the WWI German fleet was ordered to anchor following defeat. The fleet was manned by skeleton crews, who scuttled them as a last act of defiance. Some were boarded by the Royal Navy and run aground and most of the rest were salvaged, but we still have three battleships and four cruisers and several other shipwrecks in the Flow.

High Seas Sunken Fleet and Other Wrecks : Dive Scapa Flow's Wrecks

Scuttling of the German fleet in Scapa Flow - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Like others have said, it is like asking "what are the top ten places to visit for tourism?" Too general a question. Personally I am not a reef diver. I do not go crazy over corals like most of my buddies do. My dream list would be

1. Arctic, either from Greenland or from Northern Canada
2. Alaska
3. British Columbia
4. Channel Islands
5. Galapagos
6. Cocos Island
7. Socorro
8. Red Sea
9. Palau
10. PNG

My dream list would be

1. Arctic, either from Greenland or from Northern Canada
2. Alaska
[...]
In that case: Ever thought of Silfra in Iceland, or Saltstraumen in Northern Norway? Those two are definitely on my bucket list, together with Scapa Flow.

In that case: Ever thought of Silfra in Iceland, or Saltstraumen in Northern Norway? Those two are definitely on my bucket list, together with Scapa Flow.

I would love to do Silfra but I heard there is not good diving in Iceland beyond Silfra. Ocean dives that you can combine with Silfra are Meh!

Saltstraumen is AWESOME!!! I see you are from Norway. Have you done it?

Back
Top Bottom