• Welcome to ScubaBoard

1. Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
    • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
    • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Login or Register now by clicking on the button

Does anyone know who makes the pressure transducers in dive computers?

Discussion in 'Computers, Gauges, Watches and Analyzers' started by toastytoaster, Sep 7, 2019.

1. VE7DAC

VE7DAC Regular of the Pub

# of Dives: 100 - 199
    That's far lower than tank pressure.

2. hsinhai

hsinhai Nassau Grouper

# of Dives: 200 - 499
    lol.. i read it as 'pressure transducers in dive computers', yes not suitable for connecting to tank.

3. toastytoaster

toastytoaster Angel Fish

Thanks. I think I found something on Digikey that is the right pressure and threaded correctly, its a bit bigger and a bit more expensive then I was hoping but oh well. The ones you recommended me, would you know how to mount them, I see no clear way to?

4. VE7DAC

VE7DAC Regular of the Pub

# of Dives: 100 - 199
    I'm not sure exactly what application you're using it for, so it's hard to say. The ones I listed are available in a couple different thread options, I'd assume mounting them to a high pressure fitting is a pretty secure way to attach them. The electrical connection isn't suitable for physically supporting the transducer.

5. Peter Slater

Peter Slater Solo Diver

# of Dives: 50 - 99
    Can you share the digikey part? I'd lkke to know more about it.

6. toastytoaster

toastytoaster Angel Fish

This is the only transducer that I could find that was high enough pressure and 7/16" unf threaded for a "reasonable" price. My only concern with it is that it is vented gauge pressure, but I don't think that will be too much of an issue, its also bigger and bulkier then I would like but its the only one I have found.

7. RonR

RonR Dive Equipment Manufacturer

# of Dives: I just don't log dives
    I'm setting up a "conversation" with you- I have some of these parts that- if you could use them- I'd be happy to just send to you, these are a handful of sensors not used in prototypes from many years ago. Packaged Version of ME657

-Ron

JamesBon92007 likes this.