Does anyone think the new Tupperware

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

on the "PIE PRO" that you can carry...get this!...INSIDE your
wet suit! That's right, inside. During that long, hungry decompression
stop you can reach into your shorty and BINGO! It's snack time!

When faced with this kind of technology, all I can say is WOW! Is
this the land of opportunity or what?

Are you guys for real?

Is this the looney tunes convention?

The tupperware container is an essential piece of dive gear, every diver should have at least 2 of them (remember redundancy).

I prefer myself the Rubbermaid one or the new Zip Locks!!

Mandy3206:
I prefer myself the Rubbermaid one or the new Zip Locks!!

Are you talking about the Rubbermaid Action Packer?

That design is terrible. The locking latches introduce two unnecessary failure points. Should either latch fail, your container soon fail wide open, rapidly depleting the contents of your gear tote.

The only acceptable gear storage solution is one which uses a friction fit lid, such as the Tupperware product. Such a design is much less likely to fail, and is better suited for a variety of gear schlepping conditions.

-B.

fairbanksdiver:
Are you talking about the Rubbermaid Action Packer?

That design is terrible. The locking latches introduce two unnecessary failure points. Should either latch fail, your container soon fail wide open, rapidly depleting the contents of your gear tote.

The only acceptable gear storage solution is one which uses a friction fit lid, such as the Tupperware product. Such a design is much less likely to fail, and is better suited for a variety of gear schlepping conditions.

-B.

Just kidding my friend, I use the Pelican 1620 if traveling and my gear is going to be out of sight (ie flying) and my Akona Backpack if driving to the dive site.

I don't have a local instructor for the Pelican 1620... I might have to contact GUE, as my dive shop doesn't teach courses that deal with that specific container.

They say it caters more towards the "Technical Community", as it's all black.

-B.

fairbanksdiver:
I don't have a local instructor for the Pelican 1620... I might have to contact GUE, as my dive shop doesn't teach courses that deal with that specific container.

They say it caters more towards the "Technical Community", as it's all black.

-B.

You're right bro, you can have the pelican case in any color you want as long you want it black !!!! lololol

welcome to the tekkie comunity!!!

Mandy3206:
You're right bro, you can have the pelican case in any color you want as long you want it black !!!! lololol

welcome to the tekkie comunity!!!
Actually, that's not entirely true. I have an orange one for a first aid kit. The 1150 comes in "Black, Blue, Silver, Orange and Yellow" as do other models.

It's actually just the 1610+ that only come in black, by the looks of things.

oh great- you mean not only did I get the non-compliant rubbermaid (with failurepoint latches) but I wasn't even told I needed a course to use it properly... am I going to die a horrible death as a result?

P.S. at least my LHS cut me a great deal on it - only $19.95

kidspot:
oh great- you mean not only did I get the non-compliant rubbermaid (with failurepoint latches) but I wasn't even told I needed a course to use it properly... am I going to die a horrible death as a result?

P.S. at least my LHS cut me a great deal on it - only $19.95
actually, Tim, you're probably better off.

In a climate as humid as Maui (yeah, I'm jealous), you're likely to experience some form of rotting if even slightly damp (read: exposed to the air) material is placed in an airtight container such as the Tupperware model and left there for too long.

One solution is to place extremely large amounts of dessicant in the container, the other is to not seal it completely. Sadly, when a Tupperware container isn't sealed, it's also not secured.

If you truly want to Do It Right, you have to use the right tool... and the Rubbermaid is the perfect one for your situation.

HTH,

I'm relieved to hear that... of course the humidity is only slightly below what you'd encounter while diving... so does that mean I'm on a surface interval or not?

Back
Top Bottom