Does anyone wear a watch?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Yup. Either a Marathon GSAR, or my Luminox 3100 Navy Seals. I've yet to risk the Submariner (just worried about loss). The ONLY two places I DON'T wear a watch, are the bed and shower.

I have a dive computer in my console. The watch makes a decent back up.

Nice selection, I do not even take mine off in the shower. It is not just diving, driving, flying, working, cycling, whatever, I much prefer to glance at my analog display watch than guess at a panel display's accuracy or fumble in my pocket for the cell phone (which being of the older generation now, I do not feel compelled to always have a phone on me).

N

I take mine off before showering. It is water activated and as long as the contacts stay dry, the depth of my last dive can be retrieved. I like to push the button and remind myself of the last time I was in the water diving. Otherwise it doesn't come off. I wear it to bed so I can see the luminous analog dial and see what time it is if I happen to wake up in the middle of the night.

Not to change the subject but as a side note, my father suffered a stroke. He was unable to read the time on a digital display. He could however tell time by looking at an analog dial. Sorry for the interruption. Carry on.

I use a PDC and I have a Timex watch attached to my gear for redundancy. I always check my PDC before I dive but I often forget to hit the timer on my watch and I really only have it if my dive computer does not work prior to my dive. Since I dive single AL80's it is more of a habit than a real need for the timer for the type of diving I do.

Started with a G shock. When I got my DM rating got a Pulsar Solar 4000 divers 200M, When I made YMCA Instructor the present was a Citizen Eco Zilla 300M Professional Divers. Stainless version. One day I hope to have a Rolex. Almost got one in Cozumel on a cruise. Had the green sticker and everything. But $200 seemed awful cheap until I looked at it. And saw it said "Rolek":confused:. Passed on that one.

Came close last year when I got nominated for the DAN Rolex Diver Award. Someday... Maybe if my book makes Oprah's book club list:cool2: I'll get one of these - http://static8.therichestimages.com...content/uploads/Hublot-Oceanographic-4000.jpg

only 21 grand. Good to 4000meters

(which being of the older generation now, I do not feel compelled to always have a phone on me).

N

Right there with you! It probably deserves a thread of it's own... But as someone relatively new to boat diving, it cracks me up to see all of the cell phones making it onto the boat. Mine stays in the car, or back at the house for diving.

After 50+ years of diving, stuff accumulates. Note the Seiko "white monster"...

Wow, I thought I had a collection of watches. I need to show this to my wife so she sees that I'm not that crazy.
Most of my watches spend their life in a watch wind box, but my trusty and reliable "dive watch" is a Casio G-Shock Tough Solar Atomic MTG 9300A no battery to replace and atomic timekeeping. The only thing missing is a depth sensor!

Casio G-Shock G-LIDE

It has a very cool tide graph. Not pressure tested up to the same (expensive) standards as true diving watches, however G-shock makes a good watch, it's relatively low volume/weight compared to my old Frogman, and the price is not too bad.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom