Does GoPro have color adjust?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Can't argue with the fact that a parlenz ain't a DSLR...but since the OP asked about a video camera (GoPro)...my comments were meant to be taken in that context. I mean, you're talking Gorgonzola when it's clearly Brie time!

paralenz is a great idea but the software implementation has limitations. once you get to a certain point, lights are really the only option. even with the magenta filter on the gopro, it still needs a decent amount of ambient light to look good.

i would get a tray and the biggest lights you can. i currently use a hero 6 black and some no name aliexpress lights.

gopro + lights > paralenz with no lights

Sure...but anything with lights is going to be better than another without....

not really. i have only met one diver with a paralenz that paid retail msrp. and that was because they were doing dives deeper than 200ft/60m on ccr and the isotta gopro housing would make the cost the same as a paralenz. for everybody else, the gopro + supersuit is better value for money. you can use the leftover money for lights, filters, a tray, etc.

not really. i have only met one diver with a paralenz that paid retail msrp. and that was because they were doing dives deeper than 200ft/60m on ccr and the isotta gopro housing would make the cost the same as a paralenz. for everybody else, the gopro + supersuit is better value for money. you can use the leftover money for lights, filters, a tray, etc.

Honestly, TOTALLY wrong based on my own experience and MANY others who have used both and tried them in several locations around the world, people that know their stuff and others that are middle of the road in terms of experience. You can believe whatever you want, but Paralenz is the better deal and quality for underwater action camera in addition to saving you lots of time in after-dive processing.

I have tried it when taking videos/photos of students performance and my own diving and spearfishing. Switching modes and taking video and/or setting the depth for the camera to activate automatically and many other features make it a fantastic camera for the diver compared with the GoPro or the like. Dealing with the Paralenz company is a wonderful experience to say the least.

My opinion is based on in-water activities including scuba diving, free diving, spearfishing, teaching in water and anything that deals with in-water activities.

For divers, Paralenz is the choice when compared with GoPro.
Says you. One should never speak in such absolutes when posting a personal opinion.

The image stabilization in the newer GoPro models alone is a good reason to consider a GoPro. It is truly amazing and more effective than anything else on the market at present.

Color is also pretty easy to correct in Post and you can even more accurately do what paralenz does with their in-camera software. Granted, you need to spend a little time doing that - but I would rather correct color rock solid footage than take the shake out of somewhat color-corrected footage.

For me, the screen is also essential as well - I want to frame my shots in real times. I don’t normally shoot wide: I use linear - so pointing in the general direction does not cut it for me!

No 4K 60 FPS on the paralenz either.

Individuals should do the research and determine what works best for their needs!

BTW - I’ve been diving for 5 years now and taken 4 dive trips this year (Caribbean and French Polynesia) and have yet to see a Paralenz - plenty of GoPros though!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom