Does GoPro have color adjust?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Says you. One should never speak in such absolutes when posting a personal opinion.

The image stabilization in the newer GoPro models alone is a good reason to consider a GoPro. It is truly amazing and more effective than anything else on the market at present.

Color is also pretty easy to correct in Post and you can even more accurately do what paralenz does with their in-camera software. Granted, you need to spend a little time doing that - but I would rather correct color rock solid footage than take the shake out of somewhat color-corrected footage.

For me, the screen is also essential as well - I want to frame my shots in real times. I don’t normally shoot wide: I use linear - so pointing in the general direction does not cut it for me!

No 4K 60 FPS on the paralenz either.

Individuals should do the research and determine what works best for their needs!

BTW - I’ve been diving for 5 years now and taken 4 dive trips this year (Caribbean and French Polynesia) and have yet to see a Paralenz - plenty of GoPros though!

I have over 25 years of underwater photo experience with all types of cameras diving all over the world from the challenging waters of New England/NY/NJ to the tropics. For action cameras (I use a housed DSLR for my dedicated professional photo work), I'd choose Paralenz for most work as I have pointed out above. I was going to buy the latest GoPro but after I saw the Paralenz and checked around and talked to Paralenz people in Denmark, it was no contest and decided on Paralenz, the best value out there.

Paralenz is nice for auto correction, but it's almost twice the price of the current gopro (hero8). Parelenz is also only 4k30 where normal 4k is 60fps. Paralenz lacks image stabilization, and gopro really excels here.

IMO paralenz is a nice idea but the hardware is outdated and overpriced. They need to refresh the product.

Paralenz is nice for auto correction, but it's almost twice the price of the current gopro (hero8). Parelenz is also only 4k30 where normal 4k is 60fps. Paralenz lacks image stabilization, and gopro really excels here.

IMO paralenz is a nice idea but the hardware is outdated and overpriced. They need to refresh the product.

You are talking about the older generation Paralenz camera, they have been updating the firmware and they have most of what you said already.

True on the lack of 60fps in 4k, but they do have image stabilization.

you can't add a macromate to the paralenz either
True as well...but if it's macro I'm after...I'm gonna use the right tool for it and not try and make a video camera into a dslr....although, that video for macromate is pretty rad!

True on the lack of 60fps in 4k, but they do have image stabilization.
They may have EIS - but it's nowhere near as good as the Hypersmooth (and now Hypersmooth 2.0 and Hypersmooth Boost) on the newer GoPro's which is virtually as good as a dedicated gimbal.

We are talking about "action" cameras not dedicated cameras for video or photos here, if you want real features and real quality, get the appropriate camera not a GoPro or Paralenz or the like. You are wanting an action camera to do what it isn't meant to do while ignoring the more appropriate and better cameras.

It's obvious that some folks are GoPro fan boi's....and I get it....I use mine on the mountain bike and skiing because it's a better product for high-velocity activities. But given the choice because I have both, I prefer the paralenz for under water.

I'm not going to try to twist someones arm to use one vs the other...just trying to offer real-world facts and experience.

It's obvious that some folks are GoPro fan boi's....and I get it....I use mine on the mountain bike and skiing because it's a better product for high-velocity activities. But given the choice because I have both, I prefer the paralenz for under water.

I'm not going to try to twist someones arm to use one vs the other...just trying to offer real-world facts and experience.
It’s not about “Fanboi’s” at all. What, other than the automatic color correction, makes you prefer the paralenz?

For me having an LCD to frame my videos (not pictures) and better image stabilization make the GoPro my preferred option to get clips of my diving experiences. Color is relatively easy to correct in post and lights are really needed below 50-60 feet for decent results - so the automatic color is not a meaningful benefit to me.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom