Does Leisure Pro ever sell fake stuff?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Actually while not experiencing it myself, some women actually like competition.

Racket:
Actually while not experiencing it myself, some women actually like competition.

they may *say* that

but boy are you in trouble

:10:

I bought a BC from Leisurepro, that, although it wasn't fake, it wasn't as advertised. They sent me a discontinued model that was almost a decade old and had been retrofitted with the current weight system. I informed them of the problem and they appologised for the "mistake" and offered to exchange the BC for the correct one. I was pretty angry, so I opted to return the BC instead and paid my LDS the extra $100. I've bought several other items from LP before this incident and it has all been great. They were very accomodating about the return and considering how much I've saved on other items I'd take the risk of dealing with them again. Just wanted to give this example because sometimes they do try to pull a fast one.

Are you kidding? They are selling a fake stuff at NY?

They aren't stupid enough to see a laywer's walk into their door.

As I recall, the fake manufacturing isn't felony, but they can't sell it with the same brand name. If then, they are in a big trouble. Even thouth they might not have any idea about scuba stuff, they know the business very well.. That is, they aren't stupid enough to sell any fake stuff.

grey market also often means products not meant for this market, like for example a digital camera is sold for 200 USD in USA, but the same camera is sold in China for 100 USD due to marketing reasons and someone import it from China to USA and sell it for 150 USD. That usually makes the producer and the other reseller pretty upset, but I don't see anything wrong with that as long as I get my warranty.

It's amazing how many guys need to have this explained to them. :)

H2Andy:
oh for God's sake NO!!!

:wink:

works with an LDS, but don't try it with a woman ... you'll live to regret it

:no

or ... maybe you won't live at all

listen, don't EVER mention another woman to your girl ... unless it's to say how crappy that girl was and how GREAT your girl is ... and even then ... oh boy .... you're venturing into dangerous territory

As one example of LP's "grey market," I recently bought an Oceanic Veo 180 computer for my son through LP. (I'd just bought two Aeris Atmos 2's from ScubaToys, but wanted specifically an Oceanic for my son... and ST didn't offer them.)

The Veo 180 came brand-new in the original box, with all the accessories. But while some of the documentation was in English, the owner's manual was in Spanish. Hmmm... wonder where the source of that was?

I e-mailed LP, and they apologized and are sending an English-language manual right away.

Inconvenient? Maybe... but I think worth it.

Their Oceanic prices now seem to be unfortunately rising quickly, I assume with the rumors that Oceanic is about to make them an authorized dealer. And that means that it's going to be tough to find good Oceanic deals elsewhere, too...

--Marek

daniel f aleman:
No fake stuff - your LDS knows it.

Just a piece of advice: don't tell your girlfriend that you want to go out with another woman...

Actually, my LDS in Canada knows I buy stuff from ScubaToys. I let them know what I'm looking for and if they can get close I will buy it from them. If I was scared to tell my LDS that I shop for fear of repercussions, I would not be dealing with them.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom