Does waist size matter?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

deepseamurse

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Hi all, I have the opportunity to buy a used, and in good condition waterproof D7 ML at a a fair price, but my waist is about 2 inches larger, putting me in the "Large" category. Does it really matter? It is a bargain for a waterproof.

Yes it matters! Not being able to get ample air in and or wear undergarments. Dry suit is useless at that point. When I took my drysuit class. I squeezed into a borrowed XL suit. I couldn’t wear a mid layer of undergarments. I froze! I also couldn’t take a deep breath. The class was miserable. Then I got my own drysuit which was off the shelf xxxl had to go that size to fit my shoulders, chest and thighs. Suit was great, however had a lot of extra material and air space to manage in the waist. I now have a made to measure suit. Unbelievable the difference in fit and better air management not having to put enough air in to stay warm with a big suit. So if anyone tells you different. Yeah you can make it work. But, it sucks.

Back
Top Bottom