Does your team have a card to get you out of work?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Strange you should bring this up .

I am sort of new to PSD with the county I live in and I to am a Volunteer. In real life I amd a mechanic and driver for a Mixer Truck Company,

My boss and I just had this conversation today and he had decided wha he would do was this

should I be in the Yard or Shop when the call comes Iam to report to him and then leave asap to repart to our SAR building ( Rally Point for all call outs )

Should I be out in one of the mixer trcks when the call out comes I am to call him veia Cell Phone or Company Radio, and I will be relived by a nother driver bringing my own truck to me whis is where my gear is and I can then report to the SAR building from there

he will not pay me for callouts but he will not deduct them from my Sick days or holidays or my vactaion time

when i firsttalked of joinning the Team my bosses atatude was one of good for you I guess we will just have to make it work like if you were a Volunteer Fire Fighter ,

So I think I have it pretty good .

But I have a friend that is a Volunteer Fire Fighter and his boss will pay him
for call outs and if need be this includes over time so long as the call out is started during work hours and on work days ,

he gets payed from the time he clocks in in the morning to the time he leaves the Fire Station to go home. And his boss just takes his word that they got back at say midnight and it took them 2 hours to clean and replace gear.

it was a volunteer Fire house that responded to a House fire and saved the lives of this guys wife and kids ,

must be nice huh?

Sparky

sparkyjames:
Strange you should bring this up .
My boss and I just had this conversation today and he had decided wha he would do was this
Sparky

Sparky:

That is great that you had the conversation. As a fire officer, I encourage our personnel to understand where they are with their boss. For volunteers, the hierachy needs to be:

Family
Work
Fire Department/Dive Team

Remember for volunteers, this is a hobby, not a vocation.

Dan

Back
Top Bottom