Votes: 90 44.1%
  • No, but my hat does

Votes: 21 10.3%
  • No, its stupid to let others know I dive

Votes: 31 15.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

...a look into the bed of the truck would reveal a steel 72 with first stage and inflator whip secured to the side (appropriately labeled *argon-do not breath*) and at present an 80cf nitrox tank and two T cylinders (one HP helium and one ABO)... the amount of gear fluctuates with the exception of the argon jug.

But I was just thinking about all this today on the way home from the gas supplier.... does having that DAN sticker invite theivery???

What do you all think about advertising the contents?

Why would you want to advertise that fact that there is thousands of dollars of Dive kit in the trunk ?

Stickers are for Dive Tubs not cars !!

I have a small 1.5 " x 1.5 " sticker on the back of my car.

Ranz

I don't advertise. However, like UP, all you need to do is look in the back of the truck.

Earlier today, I had to rush off to an unexpected court appointment. I'd been diving over the weekend and had two 120's, a hang bottle and my buddies doubles in the back of the truck, all nicely secured and labeled for Nitrox. I was planning to go the my lds in the afternoon and I forgot that they were there.

The security guard at the courthouse took one look and made me park somewhere else.

Only if you know what an Alpha flag is....

Otherwise I dont really care if you know I dive or not. I figure people serious about their diving would recognize it, the once-a-year divers who are more about being a diver than diving would never know the difference.

~Marlinspike

Nothing - it's an invitation to thieves who are plentiful over here - just a Welsh flag on my front and rear plates.

I don't have a car yet (Hey, I'm only 16, I'm workin on it)
But when I do get my suv, I'll put a dive plate on the front. It'll probably be a good idea to insure my gear. Not just from being stolen from my car, but from being damaged on planes and such.

Not me, only sticker on my p/u is an old grateful dead sticker from a concert that seamed like a long time ago. No labels on travel gear either, why advertise you have expensive gear here. The tip of the speargun through the back window might give it away.:)

A decal came in my training package and when I passed my OW Cert I gave myself a little ceremony and stuck my NAUI decal to my truck. I am very proud of that decal and hope it will strike up conversation with yet unfound dive buddies!!

Back
Top Bottom