Votes: 90 44.1%
  • No, but my hat does

Votes: 21 10.3%
  • No, its stupid to let others know I dive

Votes: 31 15.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

as a diver or anything else for that matter. It's funny, but I think the idea of not leaving anything in plain sight or displaying anything to make the vehicle easier to identify came from my father. He was a tradesperson and frequently transported tools. He also was opposed to bumper stickers...

DAN decal on the window so their number is handy; flag on the "well used" bumper; nothing of value ever in sight.

Kelpermaid, shared your father's sentiments toward anonymity until the diving bug hit me. Funny about that.

Hi guys,

The only stickers on my car relate to its security system.
That's what I want people to notice.

Diver gear is stowed out of sight.

I'm proud to be a diver. But I am also a realist - advertise the goodies and you'll invite a thief.

My 4Runner license plate is "DIVRNR". a 4Runner used for diving... I also have one of those shark dive stickers on the back bumper and a DAN sticker on one of the side windows so someone can call for help if I'm passed out bent next to it...=-)

I have a dive flag sticker in my back window. I was once asked if it was a Nine Inch Nails sticker. What's up with that?

Mel

Decal on the back window that came in my OW kit.
When I get my own gear, it will only be in my SUV as long as it takes to get to the dive site.

Dave

I only have 1 sticker on each car! Boy am I behind!!!

Idon't worry about theft, I only have gear in there to and from the dive site. I wouldn't mark my luggage though, too easy to steal!!!

Hi all!

Yes, i have a regular front plate on my truck in which it shows two divers hovering over a coral reef. It's pretty cool & probably everybody has one. One nice thing about it ,that it offsets my vehicle, being red, white & black....

Also i have a decal on back window.. " dive Orlando" & of course a "Dan" sticker..

As for advertising, i have a good security system in my truck, and even so try to not leave any of my dive equipment there very long. Although divers respect each others equipment around my area of diving, there always seem to be a few "sort of speaking" bad apples in the barrel..... Boy do i hate that!

Safe diving to ya all!:wink:

Plates on my F-150 4x4 is 4DIVE4
Plates on wifes Exlporer is 2DIVE4

Very nice plates :)

I'm planning on putting a little dive flag sticker on my my back window of my truck...I keep planning on it, but every time I'm at my LDS to pick up gear or tanks, I always forget to buy the dang thing. And everything I own is insured anyway, so if I lose it, it's replaced.

Back
Top Bottom