dominican rep.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

crunch35

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
I am going to D.R. in november or december, i have never been before. I am looking for dirt cheap everything. I am hoping to find a hostel with roaches for very little. Can anyone give me a heads up on travel around punta cana. Buses? cheap rooms? cheap diving?

Well this will be a tough one. I looked online and doesn't look that there are many hostels in that area
Look at some websites and see yourself

Dominican Republic Budget Accommodation | Dominican Republic Cheap Accommodation, Reviews & Ratings | Travellerspoint

Punta Cana Hostel Search: Book Cheap Punta Cana Hostels with HostelBookers.com

Hostels in Dominican Republic - Book Dominican Republic Hostels Online

Most of the hostels are on the north coast and in Santo Domingo. Punta Cana is a resorty area, where most of the tourists stay in All Inclusives or more expensive apartments. We have some cabanas here that are 500 - 1000 pesos a night.

And cheap diving? Well the prices are about the same all over the island.

My wife and I travelled to the Dominican Republic this past July. We went to both Punta Cana and Bayahibe.

If your main goal is to dive, I'd recommend the south coast around Bayahibe as opposed to Punta Cana. Water clarity was far and away better.

BTW, I dove with Vlad (DRsharky) and had a really great time.

As far as specific hotels, I'm probably not the best source--we stayed a bit nicer due to travelling with nondiving spouse/friend/children.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom