Done snooping, decided to introduce myself :-)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ummm, you're not planning to use the saw on THEM are you?

:maniac: :maniac: :maniac:

Ber :bunny:
(I LOVE the new smileys!)

Ber,

You mentioned in an earlier post that you are interested in diving Bonne Terre. I only live a few hours away but haven't ever gotten over there. The general scoop on it around here is that they are pretty proud of that mine and they charge a pretty high entrance fee to dive there but I would like to try it once. They offer a weekend long cave diving certification course also.

You might also want to think about a road trip to Haigh Quarry. It is in Northern Illinois. The female delegation from our dive club was thinking about an all ladies road trip up there this summer.

:bunny: KC_Scubabunny :bunny:

Figures Bonne Terre would be a little expensive, I'll bet the missile silo in Texas charges a pretty penny too. We dove the Living Seas at Epcot so I compare "expensive" to that (about $150 for a 30 min. dive). Like you, I'd just like to log the Bonne Terre dive and since we're doing this trip the el cheapo way (camping instead of hotel, etc) I don't mind an expensive entry fee for a "unique" dive experience. I'll have to see if Haigh Quarry is on the web, sounds interesting! Might even be on the way home, how convenient!

Thanks! :dance: :dance: :dance:

Hey all,
I just wanted to introduce myself and say Hello! I've been reading the board for some time and decided to jump in with the sharks. I've learned alot from reading the threads, and hope to learn more. Oh, my bio... Well I'm landlocked in Texas, the only clear (warm) water is in the swimming pool and I keep dreaming about golfing underwater, an un-usual collision of interests. Hope to join in some more discussions sometime. See Ya!

I should have just posted these last night but I was tired and lazy. Below are the links to:

Bonne Terre Mine - www.2dive.com

Haigh Quarry - www.haighquarry.com

If anyone is planning a trip to either let me know. Bonne Terre is only a few hours from home and would love to put some faces with the names and voices of this board.

Also if you are driving through Missouri on your way to Texas then either Table Rock Lake or Bull Shoals Lake should be on the route or not far off. Both have some fair lake diving. We dive both on a regular basis. Have also heard good things about Beaver Lake in Arkansas but we haven't made it there yet. Hopefully this summer. Iguana Don lives pretty close so maybe he can fill you in on Beaver if you are interested.

That should be some trip report if you hit all these different dive sites in various states!

:bunny: KC_Scubabunny :bunny:

:( I forgot we already had plans for New Years :( I saw diving and drew a complete topside activity blank! AH WELL, maybe next year! ;-0 Was really looking forward to Gilboa in January.

Hey to my soon to be friends! News on the Missile Silo in Abilene! It is not expensive! It is cheap! Our shop ran a trip down there last year for 120 bucks. Two days of diving and two or three meals we cooked on site. Lots of diving, you could do a night dive there if you wanted too but it would be the same as a day dive. We are going to do another trip in April or May. If you are interested let me know.
:confined: scubajoe

Once we finalize our plans I'll let you know when we're headed that way. That is if my fiance doesn't change his mind and decide that a camping and diving trip wouldn't make a good honeymoon!

You've come to the best place to spend your surface interval. There are lots of Texas divers here - check out the Texas Swamp Divers forum

Hope to see you often on the Board.

Cheers :ears:

Back
Top Bottom