Don't be afraid...COMPLAIN about your LDS

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jsado

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Many people won't name the local dive shop that they are having, or had, trouble with. Well I say NAME THEM HERE!!! Let everyone know about the crappy service you got, the extremely overpriced products they have or the poor equipment they rented you. With any luck, they'll realize they have changes to make, prices to drop. etc...

An LDS is sometimes like a monopoly for some people. People don't always have many choices in their area, so they go to the same place, time and time again. Leaving, shaking their head and wondering how they can possibly remain in business with those prices vs. internet prices...Perhaps you'd love to complain about something, but just don't want to upset anyone because you're going to need fills!

Good. That's settled.

minor_threat:
Many people won't name the local dive shop that they are having, or had, trouble with. Well I say NAME THEM HERE!!! Let everyone know about the crappy service you got, the extremely overpriced products they have or the poor equipment they rented you. With any luck, they'll realize they have changes to make, prices to drop. etc...

An LDS is sometimes like a monopoly for some people. People don't always have many choices in their area, so they go to the same place, time and time again. Leaving, shaking their head and wondering how they can possibly remain in business with those prices vs. internet prices...Perhaps you'd love to complain about something, but just don't want to upset anyone because you're going to need fills!

Welcome to ScubaBoard. Good first post.

Thanks for breaking new ground.

Phil Ellis

Methinks, perhaps, minor_threat has been here before . . . . :wink:

The Kraken

The problem is every LDS is going to screw someone, sometime, even if overall they are a decent shop. The list of complaints would be very long. I think a better idea if it could be implemented would be some type of survey that could track the number of satistified vs. unsatisfied customers. That could be useful for those member that have a choice (I live in a 1 LDS town, so it does not matter for me).

the kraken......not a chance....:blinking:

minor_threat:

So after you've "thrown down the guantlet", you didn't name the LDS that you're having problems with?

:troll: - nice sock puppet...who is this...Gidds:confused::rofl2:

johnnyseko:
:troll: - nice sock puppet...who is this...Gidds:confused::rofl2:

I doubt it's Gidds. She's pretty much written scubaboard off and has no interest in every having any future dealings with it. (basically she doesn't even care enough to come back to post something like this..... she's moved on...)

mike_s:
I doubt it's Gidds. She's pretty much written scubaboard off and has no interest in every having any future dealings with it. (basically she doesn't even care enough to come back to post something like this..... she'f moved on...)

Where? She'f has? rec.scuba usenet? I'll ask Uncle Al.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom